What Is QuickBooks Error 7149?
QuickBooks is highly regarded as a powerful and efficient software for small and medium sized businesses. Business owners from all over the world have shown trust in QuickBooks due to its cost efficiency and time saving nature. However, sometimes the software can also run into errors that can be frustrating for you. QuickBooks Error 7149 is one such error that comes under the category of the runtime error hat generally occurs when some program files got corrupted or when there are some registry errors. When the error pops up on your system, it crashes the current running window and shows the following error message:
“Error 7149: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 7149
- Error code 7149 with a description pops up on your screen.
- Active window crashes
- Error code keeps coming on your screen.
- QuickBooks freezes for a while
- QuickBooks won’t open
- System starts to freeze
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 7149
- Installation of QuickBooks software was either corrupt or improper due to which the software couldn’t run properly.
- Windows registry related to QuickBooks got corrupted
- Virus or malware attack has infected your database.
- Some technical issues with your computer
Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 7149
Before you go on to the steps, you need to be logged into your system with administrator rights. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 7149 are as given below:
- Repair or Reinstall QuickBooks
- Open the Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate QuickBooks from the list and right click on it
- From the drop-down list, click on Uninstall
- From the installation window, click on Repair
- Once the process finishes, restart your system.
If repairing the software could not resolve the error then you need to reinstall the QuickBooks software.
- Repair windows registry keys related to the QuickBooks
- Perform a full fledge scan of your system using the security software installed in your system.
- Try to disable your antivirus for a while and then try to open the QuickBooks software.
The above mentioned steps will help you in resolving the error code 7149 in QuickBooks manually. However, if the error still persist or you are not able to understand any of the step then you can get in touch with us by dialing our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 toll-free.