QuickBooks accounting software is one of the most powerful and reliable business management software programs that allows you to manage your accounts and provides you a great environment to work for your business. But like any other software, QuickBooks is also surrounded by various errors that can appear when something goes wrong. QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 is one such error that users may face so often. Just like all error codes of 6000 error category, it is also a company file error where you will be unable to access your QuickBooks company file. This error code comes with an error message that says:
“QuickBooks was unable to open the company file on the hosted computer.”
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6190, 816
- TLF file (Transaction Log File) is not affiliated with that of the company file. TLG file stores all the auto-saved business transactions. The format of this file is XXXX.qbw.tlg (where XXXX refers to name of the company file). QuickBooks allows you to convert the tlg file into .qbw file only. In this situation, QuickBooks Error 6019, 816 can occur because the company file(.qbw) and the transaction log file(.qbw.tlg file) are not matching to each other.
- There are possibilities that an update released by Intuit was not installed properly and causing the issue. When the company file gets updated but the tlg file was not updated, the error can occur.
- This error can also occur if QuickBooks is being used by a user and another user use it in single user mode. This restricts the user to access the company file.
- Corrupt company or data file.
How To Fix The Issue?
QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 is one of the most common errors in QuickBooks and can be resolved by following some simple steps. It is recommended to update your software to the latest update. This error can be easily fixed by using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. To do so, follow the below steps:
- Download and install the tool from the official website on Intuit
- Run the tool after installing it successfully. Make sure that you are logged in to your system as an administrator.
- You will be displayed the below two options:
- Network Connectivity Only
- Both File Damage and Network Connectivity.
- To resolve the error, select the first option.
- You will be asked to enter the Admin & Password. Do the same
- QuickBooks will ask you whether the company file is hosted on workstation or server. Click on Yes if it hosted on server otherwise click on.
Contact QB Experts For Support
If you are still getting the same error or you are having some doubts in any of the steps then you can contact the QuickBooks Support Team of getsupportnumber.com. By dialing their toll free helpline number +1-866-701-7446, you will be connected to the QuickBooks ProAdvisor. They are capable to assist all your issues related to QuickBooks.