If you are looking for QuickBooks Error 6189 support then you’ve landed on the right page. QuickBooks Error 6189 is one of the most common errors in QuickBooks Desktop and like every 6000 error code series in QuickBooks it is also related to the company file issues.
The error code 6189 in QuickBooks basically occurs when you try to access an inaccessible company file. We will be provided the major causes and steps to fix the QuickBooks Error 6189 manually.
Reasons Why The QuickBooks Error Code 6189 Occurs
- Company files were damaged while downloading
- Improper installation or other installation error
- Virus or malware attack
- Some QB files or components was deleted by a malicious software
QuickBooks Error 6189: Resolutions
There are various causes behind this error so it is obvious that the solutions should also be multiple. Before going on to the solutions, you should know the real cause behind the error because it will save your important time. However if you don’t know the reason then you can try step by step solutions.
Method 1: Reboot Your Computer And Server
- Close all the running processes and restart your computer
- If the company file is stored on a server then restart your server too
- Check whether the error is fixed or not. If not then go to the next solution
Solution 2: Install QuickBooks Database Manager On Your Server
- Download and install QBM on the server where the company file is hosted
- You don’t need any extra license for this
- After installing the database manage successfully, reboot your server
Solution 3: Check If Your Data File Is Stored On A Network Drive
Ensure that your company file is not stored on an NAS device or any other portable device. These devices are not permitted to run the QuickBooks Database Manger and sometimes it may corrupt your data.
Solution 4: Using Data File Share Service
- It is good for you if your company file is not shared on any file sharing service or online sync services like Dropbox, SugarSync etc.
- If might be facing the error if you’ve shred your company file on such platforms
- To fix the issue, move all the company files from online share service platforms and save it to the C drive in your desktop
Get Connected With Us For Support
Follow all the steps and guidelines in order to fix the QuickBooks Error 6189. However, if you were not able to fix the issue manually or you are having any kind of doubts then you can reach out to the QuickBooks Technical Support team of getsupportnumber.com via toll-free number +1805-900-6410. The moment you dial our toll-free number, you will be directly connected to the highly experienced ProAdvisors to fix your issues.