QuickBooks is powerful accounting solution program that fulfills all your accounting needs at same time but sometime the software face some bugs and issues. QuickBooks Error 6177, -0 is one of the issue that can hinder your workflow. This error is also falls under the 6000 error series in QuickBooks and it is quite similar to the QuickBooks Error 6190 and QuickBooks Error 6176. When the error occurs in your QuickBooks, it comes with an error message that says:
“QuickBooks Error -6177, 0: QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file.”
This error occurs when you try to open the company file from a system where the file is not stored. The main causes of QuickBooks Error 6177 are as given below:
- Moving a company file to another system
- Malware or virus attack in your system
- Antivirus or Windows firewall is blocking the connection and creating the issue
QuickBooks Error 6177, 0
Steps to resolve error code 6177 in QuickBooks are as given below:
Solution 1: QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Login to your system with Administrator rights
- Locate your company file
- Right click on the file and select Properties from the drop-down list
- Go to the Security Window
- Select the number of users and allow them to access the file.
- Click on Advanced tab and from there click on the Owners Tab
- Change the admin user name if require
- Click on OK and close the properties window
- Go to the official website of Intuit and from there, download the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool
- Install it in your system and then run it
- Locate the company file and click on the Test Connectivity option
- After the process finishes, check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Move Your Company File To A Local Hard Drive
Important: For this process, you need be logged in to your system as an administrator.
- Go to the company file which is stored in the C drive
- Create and save a portable file within the C drive
- Close the current company file
- Move the portable file to your server
- Now open the company file from, the server to check if the error is resolved or not
Support For QuickBooks Error 6177, -0
By following above two methods, you should be able to fix your company file issue and you will be able to access the file. However, in some situations the methods might not work for you. If it is the situation then you can utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to fix it. If the error still persists then you have to contact the QuickBooks Customer Support team of Intuit.
If the customer support team couldn’t be reached then you can try to get support from other reliable sources such as getsupportnumber.com. You can dial their toll-free number +1800-567-0425 to directly get connected with their technical support team.