QuickBooks accounting software provides full-fledge accounting solution to its users irrespective of size and nature of the industry. But sometimes you may have to go through some issues in the software. One of the errors is the QuickBooks Error 6176 that occurs while creating or opening the company data files.
You might be facing the following issues when you create or open the company data files:
- The QuickBooks cannot get the network address of the server.
- Error message -6176 is unable to receive network identification of server.
QuickBooks Error 6176 appears due to the incorrect folder permission or it can also appear when the firewall blocks the connection. It is one of the common errors that occurs in QuickBooks and in this article, we will be providing you the steps to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6176.
QuickBooks Error 6176: Causes
- Damaged or incomplete installation of QuickBooks
- Some changes in the software settings during install and uninstall process
- Malware or virus attack
How To Resolve The QuickBooks Can’t Get The Network Address Of The Server Issue?
Error code 6176 comes under the category of 6000 error series and it is also related to the company file issues. The error can be fixed manually by following some simple guidelines and steps. We have mentioned three different solutions to fix the error code 6176 in QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Diagnose The System Errors
- Perform a full scan of your system through the antivirus software
- Update the antivirus program if needed
Note: If the antivirus program couldn’t be started or updated then you need to get in touch with the experts for support.
- If the scan didn’t identified any virus or threat then you can just copy the company file and paste it to another system.
- Check whether the issue is resolved or not. If not then head to the next solution
Solution 2: Download The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from the official website of Intuit
- Install it in your system
- Run the tool. It will automatically scan and resolve the issue if identified.
Solution 3: Repair QuickBooks Software Installation
- Close QuickBooks and all its related components
- Go to the Control Panel and then click on the Program and Feature section
- Select QuickBooks and then click on Uninstall
- A new window will appear on the screen which will ask you whether you want to repair it or uninstall it. Click on Repair
- Let the process finish and then click on Finish
- Restart your computer and check if the error is fixed or not.
Get Support For QuickBooks Error 6176
If the above solution didn’t fixed your issue and you are still getting the error then you should instantly contact the experts to fix your issue. You can contact the QuickBooks Support team of Intuit to help you.
If you are not able to get in touch with the QuickBooks Customer Support team then you can get in touch with the support team of getsupportnumber.com via their toll-free number +1-866-701-7446. The highly experienced and certified ProAdvisors will provide you the best possible support for issues and help you to get out rid of such situations.