QuickBooks accounting software is prone to various errors that can appear because of different causes. QuickBooks Error 6150 is one such error that can occur when QuickBooks try to access, create or use a company file. It come up with an error message that says:
An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open, or use the company file. Please try again.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error 6150
Error code 6150 is also comes under the 6000 error series which comes under company file issues. The errors from this error series generally occurs when there is some connection issue or corrupt company file. Some of the most common causes of this error are as below:
- Trying to create backup or creating a portable file (.qbm) of a damaged company file.
- Damaged QuickBooks installation
- Trying to access a portable file when the QuickBooks wasn’t running.
- Wrong or changed QuickBooks company file extension
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6150
The error code 6150 basically appears when there is something wrong with the QuickBooks company file. We have provided two methods that you can perform to fix the issue. Steps to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6150 are as given below.
Update Your QuickBooks
You are recommended to update your QuickBooks to the latest version to fix the issue. Follow the below steps to do so:
- Login to QuickBooks as admin
- Click on the File menu and select Close Company from the drop down list
- Now close QuickBooks.
- Right click on the QuickBooks icon from your system and click on the Run as Administrator option
- Now go to the help menu and click on Update QuickBooks
- Click on Update Now
- Select Reset Update and then click on Get Updates
- Install the updates
Installing the updates will automatically fix some of the errors. However, if the issue still persists, then you can go to the next method.
Connection Issue: Company File On Another System
QuickBooks Point of Sale needs instant connection with the company file otherwise you may encounter some errors. The error will be either from the 6000 series or HXXX series. So many users who have hosted their company file on a separate system or server have faced the connection issue.
To fix the connection issue, first thing you need to make sure is that the internet connection is stable. In case if the internet connection is working fine then it is possible that the Windows firewall is blocking the connection of QuickBooks through certain ports. The connections should be allowed to fix the error code 6150. To do so, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Login into the windows as an administrator
- Open the Windows Firewall settings
- Turn off the Windows Firewall
- Windows firewall should be disabled for both Private and Public networks
- Tap on OK button
Damaged Company File
QuickBooks can’t read a damaged company file and in such case the error code 6150 occurs in QuickBooks. There can be some serious permanent issues with your company file. In such cases you need to contact the experts to fix the issue for you.
To fix the damaged company file issue, you can use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. This tool will automatically scan and fix the issue easily.
Connect With Us For Support
You should be able to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6150 by following the above mentioned steps. However, if the error still persists even after following the steps properly then you need to get in touch with the QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-567-0425 toll-free.