QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006 is one of the most common issues in QuickBooks accounting software that can occur due to various factors. It is a part of 6000 error series which is related to the QuickBooks company file issues. QuickBooks Error Code 6150, 1006 comes when you try to open, create use or modify QuickBooks company file. It comes with the following error message:
We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company files.
QuickBooks 6150, 1006 basically means that your company file has some sort of corruption or other issues due to which you can’t access it. It can be very frustrating for you because it restrict you from working any kind of work on your QuickBooks company file. If you are also facing the same issue and want to resolve it then you have landed on the right page as this article will provide you in-depth information about this error code along with the solutions. To get your issues resolved instantly, you can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1855-565-6250.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006?
- QuickBooks company file is damaged
- QuickBooks company file is not available in your local system
- Virus or malware infection has infected your QuickBooks company file
- You are trying to open QuickBooks Portable file (.qbm) without opening QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks company files have an incorrect file extension
- You are trying to save a QuickBooks for Mac file in QuickBooks for Windows
- You don’t have sufficient rights to open, create or modify QuickBooks company files
QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006: Resolutions
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6150, 1006 are as given below:
Step 1: Check For CryptoWall
There are chances the CryptoWall virus or other harmful software can also cause QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006 and restrict you from working on your QuickBooks company files.
You need to perform a quick check so you can decide on further steps:
- Press Windows + E keys to open the Windows Explorer
- Navigate to the folder that contains your QuickBooks company files.
- Locate the files containing words such as “decrypt” or “instructions” (.txt or .html).
If such files are not there in that folder then you will have to go to the next solution and if there are such files then you need to contact your antivirus manufacturer to help you out. You should not move further until you remove all these files from your folder.
Note: Intuit won’t help you or provide you solution for the affected files.
Step 2: Restore A Backup Company File
If you’ve recently created a backup of your files then you can use it to restore them. You need to restore from backup company file if you have a recent backup but doing this will lose all the work that you did during this period.
If you don’t get the same error after restoring backup then it means that the error is resolved and you do your work on same company file.
If the error is still around then it means that you were creating a backup of infected files and they can’t be restored. In such situations, you need to move on to the next step.
Step 3: Use Auto Data Recovery
You can contact QuickBooks Support to recover your company file with an automated tool called Auto Data Recovery (ADR). It is a very time taken process as it can also take some days as well and you won’t be able to use your QuickBooks software during this process. You need to write down all the accounting changes and then enter them once the process finishes.
For more information, visit: recovering lost data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.
Step 4: Update Your QuickBooks
An outdated version of QuickBooks can also cause this error so we recommend you to update your QuickBooks to the latest release and to do so, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your system with administrator rights
- Close QuickBooks company file
- Open the task manager and close all the processes related to QuickBooks.
- Navigate to Help > Update QuickBooks
- Click on Update Now
- Click on Reset Update and then select Get Updates
- Now, open QuickBooks and you will be asked to Install updates. Click on
Now try to open your QuickBooks company file. The error must get resolved now.
The provided solutions will allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006 easily. However, if you are still facing the same issue then there are some quick fixes that you can try:
- Install all available Windows updates
- Update your drivers
- Use powerful antivirus software to remove the virus and other threats from your system
- Rename your QuickBooks company file and make sure that it has .QBW file extension
- Reinstall QuickBooks in your system using a clean install.
Hopefully, you are now able to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6150, 1069 on your own. If not, then you are recommended to contact the certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of getsupportnumber.com. For this, you just need to download the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 and our QuickBooks ProAdvisor will be connected to you with in few seconds to provide you the solution.