QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0 comes under the 6000 error code series in the QuickBooks software which is related to the company file issues. The error occurs in QuickBooks when you try to restore your backup company file over a network.
If you are looking for the solution of QuickBooks Error 6147, 0 then you have landed on the right page because this article will help you in getting rid of this company file error. If you are looking for instant support then you are recommended to connect with the QuickBooks Payroll Support team at +1800-324-6955.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0
Basically, there are three main reasons why the error code 6147, 0 occurs in the QuickBooks program and they are as follow:
- The QuickBooks company file gets corrupted
- You are trying to restore backup over a network drive
- The backup file name exceeds the limit of 210 characters
Solutions For QuickBooks Error 6147, 0
If you are getting the error code 6147, 0 in QuickBooks then the first thing that you need to do is check the version of QuickBooks which you are using. You can try to upgrade your QuickBooks to the latest release which will help you in resolving the error automatically. However, if the error still persists then you will have to move on the solution steps. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 6147, 0 are as given below:
Solution 1: Rename The .TLG And .ND Files
- Go to the folder where your company file is stored
- Locate for the files with same names but with .ND and .TLG extensions like Company_file.qbw.nd and Company_file.qbw.tlg.
- Right click on all files and select the Rename option from the drop-down list.
- Add OLD at the end of every file like Company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
- Now open the QuickBooks software and try to access the company file. If the issue still persists then move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Re-configure The Trend Micro Active Scan Settings
Re-configuring the Trend Micro Active Scan settings will allow you to get rid of the company file issues.
- Run the QuickBooks software as an Administrator
- Go to the File menu and click on Open
- Locate your file and see in which folder the company file is stored
- Now open the Trend Micro active scan settings and set an exemption to disregard the folder.
Support For QuickBooks Company File Issues
If the above solution didn’t work for you then you can try to install and utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to detect and fix the issues. If you still face the error code 6147 in QuickBooks then you need to get in touch with the experts to fix the issues. To fix all your QuickBooks issues, you can dial the QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 toll-free.