QuickBooks is a great accounting tool that allows you to manage your accounts and grow your business. However, there are various error codes and issues in the QuickBooks software that can affect your work and can even restrict you from working on the QuickBooks software.
QuickBooks Error 6143 is one such error that generally occurs when there is some issues in your company file. It generally occurs due to the corrupt data files available in your system. The error code 6143 can also occur due to the damaged installation of QuickBooks software. This article will provide you the steps to resolve the error code 6143 in QuickBooks.
When you get this error, the active window start getting crashed and your system starts to respond slowly to your commands. The experts of has recommended to resolve this error as soon as possible because this error can even cause permanent damage to your database.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6143?
Steps to resolve the error code 6143 in QuickBooks are as given below:
Step 1: Open a Sample Company File Installed In Your Workstation
You need to make sure whether the issue is in the company file or the QuickBooks application by running a sample company file. If the sample company file can also be not accessed then the installation of QuickBooks software is damaged.
- Select the Sample Company File in the No Company Open window
- Select the list of sample company files
- If the sample file opens then you need to proceed to open the file in your local workstation. If the sample file shows the same error then you need to repair the QuickBooks installation.
Step 2: Open QuickBooks Company File Locally
Open the company file in your local workstation and test if there is an issue with the location of the file or not. Copy the company file to the desktop and then try to open it. If it opens then the location where the company file is stored is damaged. You need to create a new folder and move the file to the new location and then try to open it. If the error still persists then the file might be damaged.
- Go to the folder where the company file is stored
- Locate the .qbw file extension and right click on the same
- From the drop down list, click on Copy and then go to the desktop
- Press CTRL + V to paste the file on the desktop
- Open QuickBooks and go to the File menu
- Click on Open or restore an existing company file
Technical Support For QuickBooks
Follow the above mentioned steps to resolve the error code 6143 but in case if the error still persists then you can try some quick fixes like:
- Close all the running processes related to QuickBooks by using task manager
- There can be chances that the antivirus or firewall is restricting QuickBooks to open the company file. You need to disable firewall and security software.
- Reinstall QuickBooks software
If the error still persists then you need to get in touch with us by dialing our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 toll-free.