You might get QuickBooks Error 61 due to the corrupted file or malfunction of hardware. This error might occur during:
- Uninstalling windows
- Opening an account
In this article, we will be discussing about the causes and resolutions of QuickBooks Error 61
Why Does QuickBooks Error 61 Occur?
- Improper framework activity
- In the Windows registry, there could be an invalid section left by an uninstalled program or a wrong incorporation.
- Malware attack
- Shutting down of the framework due to power cut or other factors.
- Missing of important framework or registry passage
- Software is failed to perform regular activities of a framework or application segment.
Resolving QuickBooks Error Code 61
- Click on the File menu and then select Utilities and then click on Rebuild Data
- Click OK if you get the message of backing up the company file
- You need to wait for sometime if see the message QuickBooks is not responding
- Click on OK once the Rebuild is done
- Click on the Charts of Accounts from the main menu of QuickBooks
- Mark the ‘Include Inactive’ box
- Message will be displayed; ‘Are you sure you want to return this list to its original order?’ click OK
- Verify the company file again
- Go to the next step if you see the error
- While merging the damaged account with the new account, a new account should be created.
- Open the company file and make sure that the error is fixed
- Download the Reimage Repair Tool in your system
- Double click to open it
- Now you will be asked to run the program by the Client Account Control. Click OK.
- Now you will have to install it, click on yes. Now if the box is already checked, click on it to uncheck.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection to install and update the Reimage Repair Tool.
- Now your computer will be started to sweep by the Reimage to determine the condition your systems and applications
- All the damages will be shown on your screen and recommendations of repairs for the important ones.
- Click on Start Repair
- Once the repairing is completed, error 61 should be resolved.
- To ensure, restart your computer and run QuickBooks in order to see if it is working properly.
- Launch the newest version of QuickBooks.
- Select the file and then click on Open or Restore Company
- Select Open Company File and then click on Next
- Search for the data file and then click on Open
- Follow the given instructions when you get ‘Move the File’ message
- Take the information that you get in ‘Update Company File for New Version’
- Now tap on ‘Update Now’ and mark the box and follow the instructions
- Click on Yes once you get the message ‘You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBooks… Do you want to continue?’
- Once done then you need to create a copy of the Backup and look for *.qbw files on your hard drive.
- Once you locate it, go to the payroll service and then tap on Account Info/Process.
By following above mentioned methods, you will be able to resolve the QuickBooks Error 61. However, if you are still facing the same issue or having any doubts in the steps, you can get in touch with our highly experienced QuickBooks Pro advisors via QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208.