QuickBooks is multi-tasking accounting software which is famously known for its powerful bookkeeping solutions but it is also true that the software is prone to errors. QuickBooks Error 6098, -5 is one such error that can occur while accessing the QuickBooks company files. This error is also a part of 6000 error series in QuickBooks that occurs due to the corrupted registry enters or when you are not logged in to your system as an administrator.
QuickBooks Error 6098, -5 is one of the most common errors in QuickBooks software that restrict you from opening your company file. However, if you are roaming around the internet to find the solution for this error then you have landed on the right page as this article will provide you the steps to resolve the error code 6098,-5 in QuickBooks. You can also contact the QuickBooks Enterprise Support team resolve your QuickBooks issues instantly.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 6098, – 5
The error may occur while setting up or using the QuickBooks software in multi-user mode and it can be very difficult to identify the root cause of this error code. First thing that you can try is using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. You can download the setup file from the official website of Intuit. You just need to install the tool and run it. It will automatically detect and fix the issues. However, you can resolve this manually if the tool doesn’t fix the issue.
Resolution: The basic thing to do is garner administrator rights of the user account for the following Windows OS:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
Follow the below mentioned steps in order to resolve the error code 6098, -5:
- Open the Control Panel
- Now, go to the User Accounts
- As per the authentic software being used select the option most relevant to the user:
- QuickBooks 2014 and Enterprise Solutions 14.0: QBDataServiceUser24
- QuickBooks 2015 and Enterprise Solutions 15.0: QBDataServiceUser25
- QuickBooks 2016 and Enterprise Solutions 16.0: QBDataServiceUser26
- QuickBooks 2017 and Enterprise Solutions 17.0: QBDataServiceUser27
- Go to the Properties
- Go to the Group Membership tab
- Now, click on Other and then from the drop down window, click on Administrators
- Click on Apply and then click on OK to close the tab
- Click on OK to close the User Accounts
Support For QuickBooks Error 6098, -5
If you could not resolve the error code 6098, -5 in QuickBooks then you are recommended to contact the ProAdvisors of getsupportnumber.com by dialing the toll free QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1800-324-6955.