QuickBooks Error 6073 99001
QuickBooks accounting software can be stated as the best virtual accounting program that not only manages your accounts but also keeps your data safe and secure. It is way ahead of its competitors in terms of technology, reliability and customer satisfaction. However, there are also some error bugs and glitches that can be really hectic for you. One such error is QuickBooks Error 6073 99001.
This error code does not occur due to some technical fault. Some of your actions are the main reason behind this issue. In simple words, QuickBooks only allows you the access the company files in a standard enterprise mode and when you attempt to open the same file in the QuickBooks multi-user mode then the QuickBooks falls into this error code.
Reasons Behind The Error Code 6073 99001
Some of the possible causes of this error code are as given below:
- The company file is already open with a different user.
- The file can only be read and can’t be edited as it is available in a read-only format.
- You are trying to open a company file remotely.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6073 9901
You can resolve the error through an automated process using the QuickBooks File Doctor. You can download the tool from the official website of Intuit.
Fixing Error Using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Install the tool in your system and run it.
- Now from the drop down list, select your QuickBooks file.
- In case if you can’t select the file from the list then browse the folder where the file is saved
- Select File Damaged option
- Now, login to your QuickBooks account using appropriate credentials
- Now you have to select between Workstation and Server. If you’ve hosted QuickBooks Doctor File on Workstation then choose the workstation option and if you have hosted it on sever then choose the same.
- If it ask you to share your company then do the following:
- Select Yes if the company file is stored in the same system
- Select No if the file is on the workstation
- After all the configurations, the tool will scan and fix the issues that are behind the error.
Manually Fix Error Code 6073 99001 In QuickBooks
In case if the file doctor tool was not able to fix the issue then you can also try to fix it manually. To do so, follow the below mentioned steps:
Single User Mode Error
Follow the below steps if you have encountered the error due to the company file being open in other computer which is a single user mode:
- Log out from QuickBooks all the computers
- Log in to the system in which the file is available and can be accessed
- Convert to the multiuser mode prior to opening the file.
- Log in to your account in other systems to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Fix Remote Access Error
If the error is occurring because you tried to open the file from a remote system then follow the below steps:
- Open the Task Manager in your system
- Go to the Processes tab
- Check if there is any active program related to QuickBooks. If yes then select it and click on End Process.
- Restart the computer and then open QuickBooks to make sure that the error was resolved.
Contact For Support
In case if you are facing the same issue even after trying all the provided steps properly, then you need to connect with experts for support. You can get in touch with the QuickBooks Enterprise Technical Support team of getsupportnumber.com to get your issue resolved. Dial the toll-free support number of QuickBooks +1-866-701-7446 to directly speak to the QuickBooks ProAdvisors.