There are various error codes and issues in the QuickBooks software that can frustrating for you as they can hinder your work flow or even can restrict you from opening the QuickBooks software or a company file. One such error is QuickBooks Error 6000 816 that occurs when you try to open the company file but it couldn’t be done because it either got corrupted or damaged.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6000 816
Main causes of the error code 6000 816 in QuickBooks are as given below:
- A third-party program is using the company file as a backup software
- The company file is damaged
- The company file might be located on a Microsoft Windows Home Server edition with multiple damaged hard disks.
- Damaged QuickBooks installation
Fixing QuickBooks Error 6000 816
There are multiple ways to resolve the error code 6000 816 and it depends on the cause of this error. It is necessary to identify the root cause in order to resolve this error properly. You can use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool before going on to the solution steps as it can also resolve the issue and it will save your precious time as well. If the tool couldn’t resolve it then you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
Method 1: Rename the .ND and .TLG files
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing CTRL + E and go to the folder where the company file is stored.
- Locate the files with .ND and .TLG extensions and right click on each one by one.
- From the drop down list, select Rename
- Type .OLD at the end of the file name.
Note: You need to do the same for both .ND and .TLG file extensions
- Open QuickBooks and try to open the company file and if the error still persists then move on to the next step.
Method 2: Open a sample company file
- Go to the No Company File window and click on Open Sample File
- If the sample file opens up then it means that the installation of the QuickBooks software is damaged and you need to repair it.
Method 3: Copy QuickBooks files on the desktop
Doing this will tell you whether there is any issue with the company file location or not.
- Go to the folder where the company files are stored
- Locate the .QBW file extension and copy it
- Paste it to the desktop
- Open QuickBooks and then open the company file that you have pasted on the desktop
Reach Us For Support
The above mentioned steps will allow you to resolve the error code 6000 816 in QuickBooks and you will be able open the company file again. However if the error still persist then you can try to restore a backup of your company files and then open the company file.
If the error could not be resolved by any mean then the last thing that you need to do is getting in touch with the QuickBooks ProAdvisors of getsupportnumber.com. You just need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410 and the customer representative will be connected to you in no time.