When you try to open the QuickBooks company file, the error code 6000, 78 comes up. It might be occurring because the company file is located on another drive. QuickBooks Error 6000, 78 also comes under the category of company file issues and 6000 error series in QuickBooks. It is not a very common issue and sometimes it can easily be fixed by restarting the computer. In this article, we will be providing you the steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, -78. You can also dial QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number to get instant support for your QuickBooks issues.
Why Does QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 78 Occurs?
Before going on to the solution, you must know reasons due to which the error code 6000, 78 occurs in the QuickBooks software. Main causes due to which the error occurs are as given below:
- The company file is not stored on a network or local drive
- The company file is stored on an external storage
- Incorrect or inappropriate folder permissions of the folder where the company file is stored
- The company file is being opened by QuickBooks by referencing a mapped drive
How To Resolve The Error Code 6000, -78?
Solution 1: Download & Run QuickBooks File Doctor
The first and the most easiest way to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, -78 is using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. You just need to download and install the file doctor tool of QuickBooks in your system. You just need to run the tool and start the scan and it will automatically detect and fix the issues that are causing the error. Once the whole process finishes, restart your computer and try to open the same company file to see if the issue still persist or not.
Solution 2: Rename .TLG And .ND Files
To rename the .tlg and .nd files, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the folder where your company file is stored
- Locate the same filenames with .nd and .tlg extensions
- Right click on the file and from the drop-down menu, click on Rename option
- Now add OLD after the file extension and press enter. For example, company_file.qbw.nd.OLD and company_file.qbw.tlg.OLD
Note: To the same process for both file extensions
Solution 3: Copy The QuickBooks File On A Desktop
If the issue is occurring due to the location of your company file then you can resolve it by copying the file on the desktop and then try to open it. If the issue gets resolved by doing this then there are possibilities that the location where the company file is stores is either damaged or it is too deep and it is exceeded the file system path limitation.
- Go to the folder where the company file is stored
- Locate the .QBW extension file
- Right click on the file and select Copy from the drop down list
- Now go to desktop and right click and select Paste from the list
- Now right click on the file while pressing the CTRL key, click on Open
- Click on Open or Restore from the file menu and open the file that you have copied to the desktop
Solution 4: Turn Off UAC (User Account Control)
Main motive of UAC is to improve the security for all users and reduce the exposure and attack surface of the operating system by beginning with all users running in standard mode.
You can turn the UAC off by going into the Control Panel and type UAC in the search box. You just need to disable it and most probably it will resolve your company file issue.
QuickBooks Error Support
The above mentioned four steps will help you in getting rid of the error code 6000, 78 easily. You are recommended to follow the steps sequence wise for the best results. However, if the error still persists then you can get in touch with the highly experienced QuickBooks ProAdvisors of getsupportnumber.com by dialing their toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410 toll-free.