Error -6000, 301: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file
QuickBooks is powerful accounting software, but it is also true that it has various error codes and issues that can hamper your workflow. There are so many different error categories in QuickBooks Desktop such as QuickBooks Company File, QuickBooks Update Errors, QuickBooks Installation Errors, etc. QuickBooks Error -6000, -301 is one such error that comes under the category of QuickBooks company file errors.
QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 301 is a common company file error that restricts you from accessing your QuickBooks company file. This article will help you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6000, 301 with manual steps. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1805-900-6410 for an instant support.
When the error code 6000, 301 occurs on your screen, you get the following error message:
Warning: An error occurred when QuickBooks Desktop tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -301).
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6000, 301
The error can occur while opening your QuickBooks company file due to the following reasons:
- Damaged QuickBooks company file.
- Damaged or improper installation of QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks desktop configuration files are damaged such as:
- The Transaction Log (TLG) file
- The Network Descriptor (ND) file
- The Data Source Name (DSN) file
- The company file is physically not present in your local drive.
- Encryption software is installed.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks To The Latest Release Version
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and all its related processes using the Task Manager.
- Go to the desktop and right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Select Run as administrator from the drop-down list.
- From the No Company Open window, go to the Help menu and select Update.
- Navigate to the Options tab and click on Mark All.
- Click on Save.
- Navigate to the Update Now tab and put a checkmark on Reset Update
- Click on Get Updates
- Once the update finishes, close QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks again and on the install updates dialogue box, click on Yes.
- Once the installation process finishes, restart your system.
Solution 2: Rename The QuickBooks Configuration Files
- Go to the folder where your QuickBooks company files are saved.
- Locate the files with the same name as your company file but with .tlg, .nd and .dsn
- Right-click on each file one by one and choose Rename
- Add the word .OLD at the end of the file name.
Note: Renaming these files will automatically create a new files by QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Run The QuickBooks File Doctor
Solution 4: Disable Encryption Software (If You Use Any)
It is not advised to encrypt your QuickBooks company file using any third-party software because doing this can affect the health of your QuickBooks data and you may lose your QuickBooks company file. You can contact your encryption software provider for detailed instructions about how to disable it.
Solution For QuickBooks Error 6000, 301
QuickBooks Error 6000, 301 is a common company file error that can occur due to multiple reasons. You need to identify the exact reason that is causing this error. Following the steps provided in this article will surely help you in resolving this company file error and you will be able to use your company file. However, if you are not able to resolve the issue manually, you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410 for instant QuickBooks support.