QuickBooks Error 404 basically comes under the category of runtime errors. While trying to update a payment from an alert, you get the error message that says ‘Page not found’. This error can also occur while installing QuickBooks in your computer. Your might start getting freeze or start getting shutdown.
Error code 404 in QuickBooks appears when the dynamic program window gets crashed. Your computer starts working slow and does not respond to your command. If you are getting such issues in your system then the error code 404 is the reason behind it all.
QuickBooks Error 404
You might get this error if you are trying to update an older version of QuickBooks on the latest Windows operating system. For example, you are using an OS like windows 10 and you are trying to update QuickBooks 2009 on it then you might come across the error 404 in QuickBooks. It is happening because QuickBooks 2009 is compatible with the Windows XP.
You get this error when you try to access a particular web page and the server is not able to connect to it. The error can also appear if there are some changes in the page or has moved somewhere else. You get the error message that says “404 = Page doesn’t exist = the request was for information that no longer exists”.
It is important for you to know the causes and circumstances under which this error has occurred as it will be helpful for you while fixing it. The error code consist the details of the applications that may have been corrupted.
Steps To Fix QuickBooks Error 404 Message File Not Found
- If you are looking to update a payment alerts from QuickBooks then head to the ‘Your Account’ page and then click on ‘Account and Settings’
- Now you can change the subscription billing by following the given path. Open QuickBooks > Gear > Account and Settings > Edit Billing Info or Billing & Subscription
- Then, provide your credit card details and make sure that the billing address in QuickBooks and billing address on your credit card statement is same. Save the changes
- If you are trying to access the QuickBooks page that can’t be found by the server or the page has been redirected to another page then first of all, make sure that the internet connection is stable. It might not be an issue in the QuickBooks but there can be a glitch in the connectivity that can also require you to reinstall QuickBooks in your computer.
Follow the below steps in order to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks in your system:
- Press Windows+R from your keyboard
- In the type field, enter ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press Enter key.
- From the menu, go to 20XX and click on Uninstall (XX refers to the version of QuickBooks)
- After the successful uninstall, run the Clean Install tool prior to restarting your system
- Now, follow it up by reinstalling QuickBooks from the QB 20XX CD.
Reach Us For Support
By following the above mentioned steps, you will be able to get rid of this runtime error. If this error still persists and you are still getting the error code 404, then get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical Support to resolve your issue. Highly experienced Pro Advisors of getsupportnumber will be available to assist you 24/7. Get in touch with them for instant support via toll free number +1888-396-0208.