QuickBooks has provided so many important tools that help you in growth of your business and it has become very useful and important accounting software for both small and medium sized industries. However, there can be some issues and errors that can be frustrating for you as it can affect your work flow. One such error is QuickBooks Error 3371 which is also known as the License error in QuickBooks.
When you try to run QuickBooks, you get the error message that says:
Could not initialize license properties. QuickBooks Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [QuickBooks Error 3371:, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Symptoms Of Error 3371
- The active window gets crashed when the Error 3371 dialogue box appear.
- Your computer start getting crashed when this error appears
- “QuickBooks Error 3371” is displayed on your screen
- Your system starts getting slower
- Your screen freezes when this error occur.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 3371: Could Not Initialize License Properties
Following are the main reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 3371.
- dat files are damaged
- MSXML component is corrupted
- Antivirus or firewall program is either damaged or outdated
- Issues with Windows Operating system
- A program has is mistakenly deleted a QuickBooks related file/
- Installation of QuickBooks is not appropriate
Resolution Of Error 3371
Follow the bellow solutions in order to get rid of the 3371 error code.
Solution 1: Download latest windows updates
- Log in to your computer as the administrator
- Click on the Start button
- Go to All Programs and then click on Windows Update
- Download all the updates for QuickBooks
Solution 2: Delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- Shut down QuickBooks
- Make sure that other QuickBooks processes are not running. To do so follow the below steps:
- Open the Task Manger and click on More Details
- Now go to the Processes tab
- Sort out the processes by pressing on the Process Nameheader alphabetically.
- Search and select the EXE file and then click on End Task
- Go to the Entitlement data folder. To do so, follow the below steps:
- Press Windows + R key from your keyboard to open Run Command.
- Now enter the file location “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6)”in the type field and press Enter key.
- Now the ecml file will appear on your screen. Right click on the file and click on the Delete option from the drop down list.
- Click on Yes when you get the confirmation message.
- Try to open the company file and you will be prompted to register the applications.
Solution 3: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Basically, the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is used to repair the damaged and corrupted files and applications. Follow the below steps to install the tool in your system:
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the official site of Intuit
- Double click on the downloaded file to initiate the installation process
- Once it is installed successfully, open it.
- It will automatically detect and repair all your damaged files
Reach Us For Support
By following the above mentioned steps will help you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 3371. However, if the error still persists then you will need to contact the experts as this error will restrict you from opening QuickBooks. You can get in touch with our highly experienced QuickBooks Pro advisors to resolve any kind of issue related to QuickBooks instantly. Just call us at our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-346-0234 toll free and get assisted for your issue on phone.