QuickBooks uses a particular tool QBFC to sync with third applications. QuickBooks Error 3140 occurs when the QBFC tool stops working in a properly. In this article, we will be discussing about the solutions of error code 3140 in QuickBooks.
The error code 3140 in QuickBooks can be called an unexpected error code because it can occur in different scenarios. The possible scenarios when the error code can occur are as follow:
- It can come during the installation of the program
- It can occur while running the QuickBooks software
- It can occur during the startup or shutdown of the windows
To resolve this error, it is important that you note down when and how you are getting 3140 error code. The error might be occurring due to the different reasons such as startup sections, blunders of the registry, decrease of RAM and other related equipments. The error comes up with the following error code:
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error Code 3140
- Running programs in your system starts crashing when the error 3140 occur
- Your system starts crashing
- An Error Message is displayed. “QuickBooks Error 3140”
- Windows starts responding slow to your commands
- Your computer gets freezes for a few seconds
The Possible Cause Of QuickBooks Error 3140
- Corrupt download file of QuickBooks software
- Installation of QuickBooks wasn’t done right
- Windows registry got corrupted due to some changes in QuickBooks or related software
- Virus or malware infection that corrupted your windows system files or program files related to QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks related files were deleted mistakenly
QuickBooks Error 3140: Resolution
You need to follow the below mentioned steps properly in order to resolve the error code 3140 in QuickBooks:
- Repair the windows registry entries associated with error code 3140
- Use your antivirus software to scan your computer
- Clean your system junk that includes unnecessary files and temporary files using the Disk Cleanup.
- Manually check all the QB related programs associated with QuickBooks.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the QuickBooks software.
- Run the File Checker on Windows System
- Check for the latest windows update and download them if available
- Finally, perform a clean installation of Windows.
Support For QuickBooks Error 3140
The above mentioned steps will help you in resolving the error code 3140 in QuickBooks. Sometimes you may face some issues while performing the resolution steps. In such cases, you need to get in touch with the QuickBooks ProAdvisors of getsupportnumber.com by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208.