QuickBooks is a great accounting software that helps you in tracking sales, customers and inventory easily and efficiently. QuickBooks also comes with various add on applications that makes accounting more easily and QuickBooks POS is one of them. You can easily activate the QuickBooks Point of Sale by following the below mentioned steps:
- Open QuickBooks POS application
- Go to the File menu and click on Set up an interview
- Click on Payment
- Click on Yes to the debit and credit cards
- The POS application is now activated
QuickBooks POS application a great add on to the QuickBooks but sometimes it may fall into some errors when you get the message that the QuickBooks Point of Sale is not activated. This error is error code 176104 in QuickBooks POS.
Reasons Why QuickBooks POS Error 176104 Occurs
- Due to damaged Entitlement Client Data Files
- The client copy of POS system has been started before the Server copy of POS because it is running for the first time.
- The installation of POS application was damaged
- Firewall is restricting the QuickBooks POS files
- Internet connection issues in your system
How do you resolve Point of Sale error 176104?
Solution 1: Perform a latest release POS update
- Click on Exit from the update
- Go to Help > Check For Software
- Wait for the update to get finished
Solution 2: Register your Point of Sale application
- Go to Help menu and click on Registration
- Register Point of Sale
- Initiate the Server Copy of POS and restart the Client copy POS
Solution 3- Make sure that POS services are functioning properly.
- Press Windows + R to open the run command
- Type msc in the search box and hit enter
- Locate the .vxx file and double click on it
- If the service has stopped then you need to click on Start to convert the status to started
- If the service is running already then you need to click on Stop and then initiate the service again.
- Press OK and then shutdown the window
- Run the POS again
Solution 4- Repair the “Entitlement client data files.”
- For Windows 7, 8 and vista, go to the folder, C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vx.x
- For Windows XP, go to the folder, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vx.x
- Select al files and delete them
- Now open the POS application again and try to register
Technical Support For QuickBooks
The above mentioned steps will allow you to resolve the error code 176104 in QuickBooks POS. However if the error still persists then you can block the windows firewall and then try to register in QuickBooks POS. If you still face the error then you will need to reinstall QuickBooks POS application.
If you still face the error then you need to get in touch with the technical expert of getsupportnumber.com. Just need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-567-0425 and the technical support team will be connected to you in no time.