QuickBooks Error 1712 is one of the most common errors that users come across while using QuickBooks. In this article, we will be discussing about all the major causes and solution for this error. You get the error message whenever there is any problem with the operating system.
QuickBooks Error 1712: Fault
Issues that you may face when see Error 1712 when installing QuickBooks. These may include:
- The screen turn blue when this error occurs
- You might face difficulties in shutting down the computer.
- Input/output error can be faced
- HTTP error may also occur
Causes Of Error 1712:
- The error creates a barrier between the program and the computer. Antivirus might be restricting program or the computer which is the most common reason behind this error.
- This error can also occur when you install or uninstall a program and you computer is required to be rebooted. You can also get this error when you try to install QuickBooks in a corrupted folder that can affect the performance of your computer.
Reasons For The Error
- When the QuickBooks is already installed in your system and you are trying to install a newer version, this error can appear.
- The registry has corrupted
- Malicious attack or any malicious program can also become a reason of this error.
Troubleshoot And Fix The Error
The QuickBooks Error 1712 restricts you from accessing QuickBooks software and affects your workflow. You need to resolve this issue as soon as possible to work properly. You can either call the experts or follow the given steps in order to resolve the issue:
Solution 1: Put an end to the error at the task manager
- Press ctrl+alt+del keys to launch the task manager.
- Then right click on QuickBooks and then click on Go to Process
- Click on End Process. This will close QuickBooks completely.
- Now restart your computer
Solution 2: Install the QuickBooks software after download it
- Download QuickBooks from the official website of Intuit.
- After choosing the option “Change”, select the product edition
- Click on download link
- Now click on the start button and type in ‘Regedit.exe’ and hit enter
- Follow the below mentioned path in ‘Regedit’:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
- Now double click on the AppData
- The original values should be replaced with your own profile path
- Restart your computer and look for the errors
Solution 3: The error 1712 can also be fixed with QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the official website of QuickBooks
- Install the diagnostic tool in your computer
- Make sure that all the system application and background applications are closed while running the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- Once installed, open it and search for the “I am having a problem installing QuickBooks” option. Select it and then click OK.
- Now restart your computer.
The above mentioned solutions will help you in getting rid of the issue. However, if the issue still persist or you are looking for a quick solution of this issue, get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 toll free.