QuickBooks accounting software comes with innumerable tools that provides you the best solution for all your accounting and financial needs for all kind of businesses irrespective of size and nature of the business. It can easily manage paychecks, tax tables, payrolls and other important financial services. But, there can be situations when you may encounter some issues that can be frustrating for you. QuickBooks Error 1612 is one such error that occurs when you try to open the QuickBooks software.
What Is QuickBooks Error 1612?
The error code 1612 in QuickBooks software generally occurs while updating the QuickBooks software. When this error occurs, the update process suddenly and the following error message pops up on your screen:
“Error 1612. The update installer is not accessible.”
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 1612
Main causes of error code 1612 in QuickBooks software are as given below:
- Corrupt installation process
- Invalid or unauthorized Windows registry
- Virus or malware attack has infected some important files
- System wasn’t shut down properly
- Some important files were deleted mistakenly
- QuickBooks company files got corrupted
How to fix QuickBooks Error 1612?
The error code 1612 in QuickBooks can easily be resolved by following some of the guidelines provided in this article. However, before going on the steps, you are recommended to upgrade your QuickBooks software to the latest release. If the error still persists, then you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Re-download the patch if it does not work once
- Now go to the Share Download Folder and turn it off and on again. To do so, follow the below steps:
- Click on Off > Save then On > Save
- Once you are done, repeat the first step again
- If the error still persists, you need to repair the QuickBooks software. For this, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open the Control Panel
- Go to the Add/Remove Program
- Select QuickBooks from the list and then click on Uninstall/Change
- From the QuickBooks installation window, click on Repair
- Follow the prompted steps and complete the process properly.
- Once the process finishes, restart your system
- Now, need to follow the first step again
Get Support For QuickBooks Error 1612
In case if the error still persists then you can open windows in safe mode and then try to update or install QuickBooks software or launch a clean boot environment if you have identified that a third party application is hindering the patch mechanism. The steps mentioned above will resolve the error code 1612. However, if the error still persists, then you must contact the technical support team of Intuit instantly.
There can be situations when the customer support of Intuit could not reach because they have a very long waiting time. In such scenarios, you need to look for the best available alternate. You can contact the highly experienced ProAdvisors of getsupportnumber.com by just dialing their toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208.