QuickBooks provides you the best accounting solution through its great features. But sometimes the software may fall into some errors due to which you can get into some serious trouble. One such error is the QuickBooks Error 1603 that occurs while updating or installing the QuickBooks desktop. It stops the process of installing or updating QuickBooks software in the middle. In this article, we will be discussing about the causes and solutions of the error code 1603 in QuickBooks.
- Error Status 1603: The update installer has encountered an internal error.
- Error Status 1603: Unable to apply the patch.
- MSI returned 1603: Fatal error during installation.
- Install Error 1603: There was a problem installing Microsoft .NET Framework [version] or
- Install Error 1642: Error installing Microsoft .NET Framework while installing QuickBooks
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 1603
- The Microsoft .NET 1.1 installer is not installed properly
- You are not using the latest version of QuickBooks
- Installation is not allowed by the permissions
- A file is locked
- Temp folders of you windows are full
- Corrupt installation of QuickBooks
- Corrupted Microsoft Windows installer
Causes Of QuickBooks Install Error 1603
- Malware or virus attack due to which the desktop windows or QuickBooks related program files gets corrupted.
- Corrupt or improper installation of the QuickBooks software
- Windows registry gets corrupted due to the recent QuickBooks related changes
- Some other program has deleted some QuickBooks related files
- Invalid windows registry
- Sudden system shutdown due to power failure
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1603?
Basically there are two different solutions for the error code 1603 in QuickBooks. If the first one solved your issue then you don’t need to go for the next solution. The steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 1603 are as follow:
Solution 1: Download the QBInstalltool.exe file and run it
Go to the official website of Intuit and download the QBInstalltool.exe file and install it in your system and then run it. If the error still persists then move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Fix Or Repair MSXML 4.0
Choose the installation type. You can choose between CD and downloaded setup file. If it is CD then you need to insert CD into the disk writer and close the installation windows that occurred automatically. Now follow the below mentioned steps to initiate the MSXML Installation for your operating system:
- Windows 7 or Vista
- Click on the Start menu
- In the search field, type exe /fvaum “D:\QBOOKS\msxml.msi and press the Enter key. Here, D is denoted as the CD drive of your computer but in case if your CD drive is not denoted with D then you can replace it with your CD drive letter.
- Windows XP:
- Press Windows + R key from your keyboard to open Run.
- Type exe /fvaum “D:\QBOOKS\msxml.msi” in the search field and click OK.
Support For QB Installation Error 1603
Above two mentioned steps will help you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 1603 easily. If botch of the don’t work then you can try to install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool which will help you in resolving the installation issues in your QuickBooks. However, if you face any kind of issues or doubts in any of the steps then you are recommended to get in touch with support team of getsupportnumber.com bydialing their QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 toll-free.