There are various error codes and issues in the QuickBooks software and QuickBooks Error 1402 is one of them. QuickBooks Error 1402 occurs while trying to use QuickBooks Payroll application in Microsoft or MAC operating system. The error code pops up with the following error message:
Error 1402: Could not open key [x].
Are you looking to resolve the error code 1402 in QuickBooks? Well, your search seems to end here as this article will provide you the steps to resolve this error manually.
If you are looking for instant support for QuickBooks Error 1402 then dial our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 1402
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks Company files
- Errors in Windows registry
- Corrupted installation files of QuickBooks
- Improper or incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
- Excessive start-up entries of programs and applications
- Some hardware malfunctions
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1402?
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 1402 are as given below:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Go to the official website of Intuit and download the QB Install Tool installation file.
- Run the QBInstallDiagnosticTool.exe file to run the installation process.
- Once the installation completes, run the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool
- The tool will automatically detect and troubleshoot the identified issues.
- Restart your system.
Solution 2: Change Windows User Account Control (UAC)
For Windows 8 Users:
- Open the run command by pressing Windows + R keys
- Now, to open the Local Users and Account Manage, type msc and hit enter
- Select the user that you want to open. Provide the admin credentials if required
- Open the Properties window, double click on Admin Account
- You will see Account Is Disabled is checked. You need to uncheck it.
- Restart your system and log in to windows with administrator rights.
- Now try to install the QuickBooks program again.
For Windows 8 Users
- Open the Control Panel and go to the User Account Control
- Click on the Manage Another Account option
- Select Create a New Account and provide the essential details
- Click on Create Account
- Restart your system
- Now login to your system using the newly created user account.
- Try to install QuickBooks again.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Installation Error
The above-mentioned steps will allow you to resolve the error code 1402 in QuickBooks easily. However, if the error is still around or you are facing some issues while performing the steps then you need to get in touch with the technical support team of getsupportnumber.com by dialing their toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208. The moment you call them you will be directly connected with the highly skilled QuickBooks ProAdvisors who will help you in resolving your issues.