QuickBooks Error 1321 occurs when the installer couldn’t write a file because of some permission issues or some other system error. You need to update the privileges on the file or source listed in the error message in order to resolve this error. You get the following error code when this error occurs:
Error 1321: System has insufficient privileges to modify this file
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 1321
- The update is being processed faster than the file copy process
- The antivirus or firewall software or setting is restricting the installation of update
- Folder where the file is located can’t be accessed because the Windows permissions for the folder are set to restrict access
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1321?
- When you get the error message, click on Retry to allow the update to finish
- If the issue still persist then click on Cancel and then go to Options
- Disable the antivirus software temporarily
- Reinstall the QuickBooks software properly
Update The User Insufficient Privileges To Files
- The information dialogue box will display the error generated during the installation process. In the following example, AcrobatConnect.cfg generated the error message.
- Error 1321.The Installer does not have proper rights to modify the file C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg. Action ended 11:21:48: InstallValidate.
- Set the privileges for the folder mentioned in the error message, example:
For Windows XP Professional Users:
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys
- Go to the parent folder shown in the 1321 error message
For example: The parent folder in the path c:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg is FlashPlayerTrust
- Right click on the parent folder and click on Properties from the drop-down list
- Now go to Security tab
- Select Administrators in the Group Or User Names
For Windows XP Home Users:
- Turn off the computer and wait for around 5-10 seconds before turning on the computer again
- Press F8 key once the Windows logo appears.
- Navigate to Safe Mode With Networking using the arrow keys and press Enter key
- Follow the instructions in Update user privileges in Windows XP Professional. Restart the computer and then reinstall QuickBooks
- Select System in Group or User Names and then set Full Control to Allow in Permissions For System
- Click on Advanced in the Security tab
- Click on Replace Permission Entries On All Child Objects With Entries Here That Apply To Child Objects
- Click on OK to close the Properties window
- Turn on the simple file sharing back and then reinstall the Adobe software
Error 1321 Enterprise Solution:
- Delete the shown folders C:\Program Files\Symantec C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec
- Restart your computer and try to install the Symantec Endpoint Protection client
Support For QuickBooks Error 1321
Hopefully the error code 1321 in QuickBooks is now resolved and you are able to update your QuickBooks Desktop without any error. However, if you are not able to resolve the issue manually then you can get in touch with the certified ProAdvisors of getsupportnumber.com by just dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410.