Are you getting the QuickBooks Error 1310 while installing or updating QuickBooks Software? Well, you don’t have to worry because this article will help you in resolving this error by four different solutions. You may get the following error message while installing or updating the QuickBooks Software:
Error writing to file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx\BusinessObjectProvider.dll
Error “1310: Error writing to file: C:Config.Msi…”
This article will be helpful for you in resolving the error code 1310 but you can always contact QuickBooks Support department to provide you instant support for your issues.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error 1310?
- Installation source is damaged
- A firewall is not allowing you to update as it identifies update a threat to your system.
- Unstable internet connection
- Damaged or corrupt QuickBooks files
- Incorrect time or date of your system
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1310?
Solution 1: Run the Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Desktop Install Diagnostic Tool by clicking on following link:
- Install the tool on your system properly
- Close all the running programs using Task Manager
Note: The tool may take around 20-25 minutes to finish this process. Time taken by the tool depends on your internet connection and desktop configuration.
- Restart your system when the process finishes applying changes made by the QB Install Tool
Optional: We recommend you to give us feedback about how the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool worked for you in order to make it more efficient.
Solution 2: Toggle The User Account Control Settings
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R keys
- Enter Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to User Accounts > User Accounts (Classic View).
- Click on Change user account control settings.
Note: Click on Yes in case if UAC prompts you to.
- Move the slider.
- To turn UAC Off, set the slider to Never Notify and then click on OK
- To turn UAC On, set the slider to Always Notify and then click on OK
- Reboot your system.
Solution 3: Re-register The Microsoft Windows Installer
- Go to the Start menu, type msiexec /unreg in the search field and hit Enter.
- Go to the Start menu again, type msiexec /regserver in the search field and hit Enter.
- Try to install QuickBooks again if not successful then go to the next solution.
Solution 4: Use The Command Prompt To Manually Assign Full Administrator Access To The Installer
- Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories
- Right-tap on the Command Prompt and click on Run as Administrator from drop-down.
- Type icacls “C:\Config.Msi” /T /C /grant administrators:F. in the black screen and hit enter.
Note: Change Config.Msi to the folder shown on the error message.
- Close command prompt window
- Try to Install QuickBooks.
Resolve QuickBooks Installation Issues
The provided solutions will allow you to resolve QuickBooks Error 1310 manually. As we have already said this error comes when you try to install or update your QuickBooks desktop. There is the highest number of chances to get this error while updating your QuickBooks from 2016 to 2019 version. This can be a very frustrating situation for you because as you know that the QuickBooks 2016 versions have been discontinued and now it is mandatory to be updated on higher version than 2016 to use QuickBooks software to the fullest. For more information, you can contact us at QuickBooks 2019 Upgrade Support Number +1800-324-6955.
If you are not able to resolve QuickBooks Error 1310 by following provided solution steps then you are recommended to get in with a QuickBooks expert because it can’t be resolved manually now. If you want to connect with one of our certified ProAdvisors, you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 and get your issues resolved instantly. You can also avail technical support services by contacting us via QuickBooks Live Chat Support.