Error code 12031 is a part of 12000 error series in QuickBooks which is related to the update issues. QuickBooks Error 12031 occurs during the update process of QuickBooks software or payroll services. This error generally occurs due to the sudden network timeout that hinders the update process of QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error 12031 is a very common error that can easily be resolved by following some of the guidelines provided by Intuit itself. It is a common error but it does require an immediate solution because it can create some serious issues in future.
Causes Of QuickBooks Update Error 12301
There can be multiple reasons that can lead to the error code 12031 and it is important to identify the main reason which is causing the error. We have listed some of the most common factors that can cause QuickBooks Error 12301. Main causes that can cause this error are as given below:
- Unstable internet connection
- Network timeout or sudden power failure
- Antivirus program or firewall settings are restricting QuickBooks to get updated
- Internet Explorer is not your default browser
- Incorrect SSL settings
Resolve QuickBooks Error 12031
There can be multiple causes due to which the error can occur but there are only two situations when this error can occur. It can occur while updating the QuickBooks software or while updating the payroll services. In this article, we have mentioned different solutions for both situations. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 12031 are as given below:
If The Error Code Occurred While Updating QuickBooks Software
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on Internet Connection Settings
- Does it show the network on which your system is connected? If the Use My Computer’s Internet Connection To Establish Connection is selected, and is the same as your system’s connection, then click on Next
- Click on Save
- Close the Internet Explorer and try to update the QuickBooks software again
If The Error Code Occurred While Updating Payroll Services
- Open Internet Explorer and from the main menu, go to the Internet Connection Setup
- Click on Internet Properties
- Go to the Advanced tab
- Make sure that Use SSL 2.0 is selected and if not then, select it.
- Click on Apply and then OK
- Close the Internet Explorer and then try to update the payroll services again
Support For QuickBooks Error 12031
You can perform the above mentioned steps according to the situation. By performing the steps, you will be able to resolve the error code 12031 in QuickBooks manually and you will be able to update the QuickBooks software or the payroll service. However, if you still face the same issue again then you will have get assistance from a QuickBooks Expert. You can get in touch with us by dialing our QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 toll-free.