How To Delete Or Void a Bill in QuickBooks
QuickBooks accounting software allows you to manage your business smoothly. You get so many functions that automate the business tasks that save your money and time. You can void or delete a bill or payment in QuickBooks. Voiding means the changes the amount of the bill or payment to zero, but keeps a record of it in QuickBooks whereas deleting a bill means that you are removing a bill or payment permanently. When you delete a bill that is paid already, QuickBooks creates a credit with the vendor. In case you delete a payment, the bills paid will show unpaid balances.
To Perform The Task Follow The Below Steps:
- Open the Accounts Payable register
- Choose Lists > Chart of Accounts
- Double click on the Accounts Payable account
- In the register window, locate the bill or payment
- Make sure that the transactions are in date order by default
- Click the 1-Line checkbox to see more transactions in the window.
- Click on Edit > Click Find so that QuickBooks help you to find the transaction
- Go to QuickBooks menu and click on Edit.
- To Void: Click on Void bill or Void Bill Payment.
- To Delete: Select Delete Bill or Delete Bill Pmt
- Click on Record.
If you want to learn about batch delete of all bills, payment made by check, call us at QuickBooks Enterprise Tech Support +1888-396-0208 in order to know full process.
How To Delete a Bill in QuickBooks Online?
- In QuickBooks Online company > Go to the bill that you want to delete.
- In order to do so, you can follow any of the below step
- Click on Expenses from the left menu > Select Vendors/Suppliers > Click on the bill
- Open the Accounts Payable account > edit the bill.
- Click on the bill from within a report
- Go to the bottom of the screen and click on More.
- From the drop-down list, click on Delete.
- You will get a conformation message that state “are you sure you want to delete this?”, click on Yes
Get Help Support For QB Bill Add of Delete Related Issues
In case you are not able to delete or void bill in QuickBooks or if you have any issues related to QuickBooks, you can contact QuickBooks Support Number +1888-396-0208.