QuickBooks Credit Card Payments Not Showing Up In Reconciliation
Credit card reconciliation process is done when credit card statements are received or when the financial period ends. The reconciliation process involves checking the authenticity of your data between credit card statements and your organizations.
The accounting professionals check all the transaction in credit card statement and match them with the internal system of the company. There can be various methods to record a payment to a credit card and some of them are:
- Writing a Check
- Payment transfer
- Use or Pay Bills
- Adding entry through Banking downloads
- Make payment while reconciling the credit card
- Create a journal Entry
It is important for every business to create a QuickBooks account for each credit card. Here the type of account created will be Credit Card. For a debit card, the transactions are entered directly into the bank account check register and not on the Credit Card account type.
QuickBooks undoubtedly is designed very smartly that makes your work easy but sometimes it can also encounter some issues that can create issues for you to handle the software. One such issue is credit card payments not showing up in reconciliation that is being regularly reported by the users.
Possible Credit Card Related Errors
Some of the most common credit card related errors are as given below:
- Error when the client can make half payments on its card bills.
- Account Payable is involved for revolving debt balances
- The same expense account is being tracked by all card bills
- Credit card accounts fail to reconcile
Symptoms Of These Errors
Symptoms of these errors are as given below:
- Account payable balance being too high with many credit card bills.
- The bank account balance is ok but the expenses sections are remaining high.
Reasons And Steps To Fix: Why QuickBooks Credit Card Payment Not Showing Up In Reconciliation:
- The credit you have reconciled was already done before.
- You are able to see the transactions reconciled through the bank register
- Make sure that it is marked with a ‘R’
- Transactions are hidden by mistake
- Uncheck the sections that are hiding transactions after the end date of the statement.
- On the right side of your window, search for the hidden transactions.
- Finally you can check whether you have or haven’t credited credit card transaction in your reconciliation account. In order to fix it, make sure that in the payment, the verification of account is mentioned.
Bank reconciliation process and credit card transaction reconciliation process in QuickBooks is somehow similar to each other. If you still face the ‘QuickBooks Credit Card Payment not showing up’ issue then you need to check whether the credit card statement is reconciled to the charges.
Call Us For Support
If you are still not able to find the solution of this issue and you still facing the error then it can be a serious issue that needs to be fixed as soon as possible. You can approach to our highly experienced QuickBooks pro advisors any time. Just call us at our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 toll free.