QuickBooks is one most recommended accounting software for the small business. QuickBooks provide you the specialized features that help you in recording financial expenses, tax calculations, point of sale service, sales, income, payroll and much more. But it is also a reality that the software has various technical issues that can affect your work. QuickBooks Abort Error is one such error that can occur in QuickBooks.
Reasons Behind The QuickBooks Abort Error
There can be various factors that can cause the abort error in QuickBooks. This error occurs while working on the software when the QuickBooks stop working suddenly you are displayed the Abort error message on your screen. The error can occur due to the following reasons:
- INI file is either missing or corrupted
- Some files in your system are damaged
- You are using older or outdated version of QuickBooks
- Windows is damaged or corrupt
Fixing The QuickBooks Abort Error
To work flawlessly on QuickBooks, you need to have a stable network connection in your system or a workstation and the server. Follow the below mentioned troubleshooting steps if you are using QuickBooks in multi-user mode:
- Open QuickBooks
- Go to Files menu and choose the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access
The abort error in QuickBooks can also occur due to some third-party applications installed in your system that restrict QuickBooks from running. So you can try to uninstall or disable these applications to fix the issue or else you can also try to update QuickBooks to its recent release.
Method 1: Antivirus And Firewall Settings
- Login to the Windows with administrator rights
- Open the Control Panel
- Right click on the antivirus icon
- Click on the Settings from the new dialogue box and press the Enter key
- Check if the error is fixed or it still around
Method 2: Renaming The QBWUSER.ini File
- Locate the ini file from the C drive of your computer
- Right click on it and select the rename option for changing its name
- Add .old extension to the file
- Now also rename the ecml file
- Try to open a company file. If the error still persists then move onto the next solution.
Solution 3: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the official website of Intuit
- Install the downloaded file in your system
- Once the installation is finished, run the software.
- The tool will automatically scan and remove the issue
- Once the process is finished, restart your computer.
Get Support For Your QB Issues
If you have tried all the mentioned steps and still could not fix the QuickBooks Abort Error then you instantly need to contact the QuickBooks Customer Support team of Intuit.
However there can be such situations when the customer support team of Intuit couldn’t be reaches. So you need to look for another option to fix your issues. Getsupportnumber.com is a leading technical support provider for QuickBooks. To get in touch their support team, dial the toll-free number for support +1800-324-6955.