You need to rebuild your company file to resolve data damage when verifying data fails, and you get the following error in the QBWin.log:
verify: c (###) : CHECKPOINT: ####: Fri Jun xx 07:09:03 Error: Verify Account Balance failed. Account = Inventory Asset. Ref = ##. Home – Calc bal = ###,###.## . List bal = ###,###.##
REMINDER: The Inventory Asset account is being referred as an example, but the error can also have an impact on any of the Balance Sheet account.
How To Resolve Verify Account Balance Failed?
Step 1: Rebuild Your Company File
- Open QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to Files and then select Utilities.
- Choose Rebuild Data and select OK to message to back up your company file.
- QuickBooks may not respond for a while. However, if you are able to move your cursor, the rebuilding process in QuickBooks is running. You need to wait for the process to finish.
- Once you get the Rebuild has completed message, click on OK.
Step 2: Verify the file again to resolve the issue
- Open QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to File > Utilities > Verify Data.
- If you get message that says QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, click on OK and you can keep working on company file.
For more information, you can refer to how to use verify & rebuild utility in QuickBooks.
If QuickBooks detects any issue with your company file, you need to resolve that particular issue. You can use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to perform a basic data resolution process.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Data Damage Issues
The steps given in this article should be helpful for you in resolving the QBWin.log: Verify Account Balance Failed error. However, there can be situations when this error can be unrecoverable, and you may find it difficult to resolve it. In such situations, the only option you have is connecting with a QuickBooks ProAdvisor to get support. You can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-567-0425 to get instant support for all your QuickBooks errors and issues.