QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software but it is also prone to errors. There are various error codes and issues in QuickBooks that can affect your workflow easily. QuickBooks LVL Error is one of the most common errors in QuickBooks software that can occur due to multiple reasons. You can get an instant resolution for all kinds of QuickBooks issues by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1805-900-6410.
This article help you to resolve the damaged items in your QuickBooks file. When you verify the data, QBWin.log displays the following error message:
LVL_Error–Error: Verify Item: Invalid Tax Agency
Different Types Of LVL_Errors
- log: LVL_ERROR-error: Verify Account List Item: View out of sequence
- log: LVL_ERROR-Error: Verify Online Account Information: Invalid Customer ID number
- log: LVL_ERROR-error: Verify Payroll Item : Invalid tax authority
- log: LVL_Error-Error: Verify Item: Invalid tax agency
- LVL_ERROR-Error: Verify Item History: Build txn target bad pending state. Item = nnnnn
- LVL_ERROR-Error: Verify item history Target quantity on order mismatch error
- LVL_ERROR-Error: Verify Online Account Information: Invalid Customer ID number–> Record = XXX.
- VL_SEVERE_ERROR-GetDecryptedCreditCardNumber Failed: The decryption has failed. CHECKPOINT: Failed to decrypt customer credit card number. Customer ID: nnnn.
- LVL_ERROR-Unable to decrypt social security number/social insurance number
- log: Verify list. Duplicate name encountered
- log: Orphan payee found in Online cache
- log: Verify Target: Invalid Open Balance
What Causes The QBWin.log LVL_Error?
- One or more QuickBooks item lists are damaged or missing.
- Damaged or missing Windows registry files from your system.
- You have mistakenly entered wrong information under the Tax Agency field. It can be one or more than one non-sales tax items.
- The preferred Vendor field doesn’t have correct information.
How To Fix The QuickBooks QBWin.log LVL_Error?
Note: You should not export, edit or re-import your Item List if you are facing QBWin.log LVL_Error because doing this can cause some more problems for you.
Follow the below-mentioned steps in order to resolve the QBWin.log LVL_Error:
Step 1: Identify The Damaged Item Using The QBWin.log
- Run QuickBooks and press the F2 key while being on the home screen. This will open the Product Information window.
- Now, from the Product Information window, press the F3 key to open the Tech Help window.
- Navigate to the Open File
- Locate the QBWin.log file and click on it to open the file.
- Press CTRL + F key to open the Find dialog box. Type Error and hit Enter.
- Now, locate the errors and make a note of them.
Step 2: Edit The Damaged Items
- Open QuickBooks and go to List > Item List.
- Locate damaged item in the list and edit the same damaged item.
- Head to the Preferred Vendor section:
- Make sure that the Preferred Vendor field is correct. If it is incorrect then you need to modify the name or select the correct name for the field.
- Click on OK.
- If the Preferred Vendor field couldn’t be seen then you have to modify the item name. Navigate to the description of the product and make changes in it.
- Click on
- Perform the same steps for all the damaged items on your list.
Technical Support For QuickBooks
The above-mentioned steps should help you in resolving the QBWin.log: LVL_Error in QuickBooks. However, in case if you could not resolve the QuickBooks LVL Error manually and you require technical assistance to resolve this error then the getsupportnumber.com can be a great platform for you because here you get the best technical support services for all your QB issues. You just have to dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410 and you will directly be connected to one of the ProAdvisor who will look into your matter and provide you required support.