QuickBooks Point of Sale is an effective and powerful retail accounting software. It keeps a track of day-to-day transactions, receiving and managing inventories. It helps you to manage all your customers and vendors at one place. The Point of Sale application directly integrates with the QuickBooks Desktop and transfer data there. However, there can be some instances when you may face several issues with the data transfer process. You can come across the QuickBooks POS is not transferring data to QuickBooks issue. If you are also going through this issue and looking to resolve it, you need to follow the steps provided in this article. You can also get connected with our QuickBooks Support department for detailed steps regarding the solution.
You may face data transfer issues between Quickbooks POS and QuickBooks Desktop if the financial exchange rejects the work process. Due to this, the POS application couldn’t get integrated with the QuickBooks Desktop.
Setting Up Your Financial Exchange
Install the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks POS on your system. Also, you need to remember that the QuickBooks POS 18 version will be integrated with the following QuickBooks Desktop versions:
QB Desktop Pro and QB Premier Application
Take a backup of your QuickBooks Desktop and POS company files. You need to ensure that both the backup files have different names so that they can be identified easily.
You need to follow the steps mentioned below once you are done with creating backup company file:
- Set up sales tax in QuickBooks if applicable.
- Enable inventory features if applicable.
- Remove all the existing lists if you will be importing the data.
Once above steps are performed, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Set up a default account. These accounts are required to set up a link between two different files.
- QuickBooks POS doesn’t automatically create theses accounts in QuickBooks.
- These data includes AP accounts, undeposited accounts, cost of goods sold, AR accounts, Sales Tax Payable and Inventory Assets.
- You can refer to the Chart of Accounts for additional steps.
- You can set up income and expenses to allow Financial Exchange without having to open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once you process the Financial Exchange, you can work on QuickBooks Desktop at the same time.
You can make this process much easier by just setting up required preferences in Quickbooks Desktop:
- From the Edit menu, choose Preferences and then select Integrated Application.
- Choose Company Preferences option.
- Click on QuickBooks POS and then from the Applications list, select Properties.
- Click on Allow this application to provide read and edit permissions for the company.
- Select OK to close the Properties window.
- Process the Financial Exchange again.
Remember the given points prior you begun the financial exchange:
- Before you begin with the financial exchange process, you need to keep following things in your mind:
- Only the Server system is allowed to process a financial exchange.
- Make sure that QuickBooks company file is running or you have set up the financial application preferences. This is important to allow automatic access during the exchange.
- Once the Financial Exchange is done, you will get the a confirmation window where all the exchanged records will be shown. This will also show any error.
- You can go to the View Activity Log screen to get any additional help for errors or mistakes.
Hopefully, you find this article helpful and managed to resolve the QB POS Is Not Transferring Data to QuickBooks. However, if you keep on facing the same issue again and again, there might be some problems with program integration. you need to get connected with a QuickBooks Expert as soon as possible. You can dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410 to get instant help for any QuickBooks error or issue.