This article will provide you the complete guide to process an e-check or scan check payments in QuickBooks. An E-Check or Electronic Check processing is a bit similar to paper check processing, but it is way faster than it is. A customer doesn’t have to fill out a paper check and send to the business manually. It saves your time and paper both.
Following the provided steps will allow you to process an E-check or scan check payment easily. In case, you require any kind of assistance during the process, you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250.
Note: QuickBooks Payments accounts is the only feature in among all the accounting software that comes with the ability to process check transactions.
Process E-Check Payment
A Sales Receipt is used if there is no existing invoice for the customer in QuickBooks and you don’t want to create a new one.
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, navigate to Customers > Enter Sales Receipts.
- Choose the Customer:Job drop-down and choose a customer or job.
- Provide the Item, Description, Quantity, Rate, and Amount as per the requirement.
- Choose e-Check for the Payment Method. NOTE: The Check No section is optional. An e-Check payment is processed without using check numbers.
- Choose the Process e-Check payment when saving checkbox from the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Save & Close.
- Provide the required payment information such as:
- Account Type
- Routing Number
- Account Number
- Customer’s first and last name
- Phone number
- Customer verification (signed authorization or customer is on the phone during the process)
- Click on Submit.
Scan Check Payment
You need to make sure that your scanner is TWAIN compliant before scanning checks. This is to ensure compatibility with QuickBooks check scanning software.
Note: You can only scan personal checks within the QuickBooks Desktop. Currently, there are no options to scan business checks in QuickBooks.
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, navigate to Customers > Receive Payments.
- Click on Scan Check from the Receive Payments window.
- You may get a dialog box with a warning message. You need to click on Yes to continue.
- Scan the check that you want to process and then click on Next.
- Review the scanned check details by selecting the Customer name, check number, and check amount and then click on Next.
- Record the payment -OR- skip recording the payment that will allow you to do it later as well. NOTE: If you select the option to record later then you need to go to the next steps.
- Record check as a Receive Payment and make changes to the Invoice or Sales Receipt then select Save and Close to see the next check.
- Perform the same process for all the scanned checks.
- Once the process finishes, click on Send Check for Processing.
- Close the current window by clicking on Close.
- Select Make Deposits to record the deposit now or you can click on I’ll do this later to wait until you have been funded.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
The provided steps should help you in processing an eCheck or scan check payment easily. It is a common process and it can easily be performed if you have basic knowledge about QuickBooks and you may not face issues. However, sometimes if you don’t follow appropriate guidelines, you can get several errors and issues as well. In such situations, you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 to get instant technical support for your QuickBooks issues.