When you are done with recording the amount that you owe in QuickBooks, you are all set to Pay Bills to settle your payables for all your vendors. QuickBooks also allows you to apply the corresponding discount or credit for each payment you make. This article will provide you complete information to do so.
How Do I Pay A Bill/Payable?
Important: You don’t need to write a check to pay a bill in QuickBooks. If you still write a check, the bill will remain open or unpaid that can show some inaccurate data on your reports.
- From the Vendors menu, choose Pay Bills.
- If there are multiple Accounts Payable account, you need to choose the appropriate account from the drop-down.
- Choose the bill you are looking to pay.
|How Do I Select Bills?
Why Is My Bill Not Showing?
- Set any discount or credit that you want to apply to the
Discount is a fixed amount or percentage that you deduct from the total amount you owe to your vendor. You can also set QuickBooks to use a fixed amount automatically or you can provide the discount amount manually as well. To enter a discount manually, you can follow below steps:
- Put a checkmark on the appropriate bill and then click on Set Discount.
- Provide the discount amount. Note that the discount amount should not be higher than the actual bill amount.
- Choose the account you use to track discount income from the Discount Account drop-down option. You also have the option to choose Add New option if there is no discount amount to set up yet.
- (Optional) If you are tracking balances through classes, select the correct class from the Discount Class drop-down options.
- Click on Done.
The amount you owe from your vendor is known as Credit. The Credits window shows all the available credit. QuickBooks allows you to use available credits automatically o you can do it manually as well through the following steps:
- Put a checkmark on the appropriate bill and then click on Set Credits.
- Choose credits that you want to apply and then click on Done.
- Choose the correct payment date and method.
- Select Check from the Method drop-down options.
- Choose the appropriate option.
- To be printed: By selecting this option, QuickBooks will create a check for the vendor and include it for the checks in the list that needs to be printed. You have the option to print the check at the end of the ongoing task.
- Assign check number: This option can be used if you manually write the check or use a debit card. Once you complete this form after recording your bill payment, you will be asked to provide check numbers (or a reference number if you use a debit card) and dates.
- Choose the bank account from the Account drop-down. This is the account that you want to use to pay bills.
- Choose Credit Card from the Method drop-down options.
- Choose your credit card from the Account drop-down. This credit card account is the one from which you want to pay bills.
Cash, debit card, or ATM card, Paypal, or EFT
- Select Checks (you are not actually paying with an actual check) from the Method drop-down option.
- Click on Assign Check number. Note: Once you are done with completing the form, you will be asked to provide a check number and date. The check number field can be left blank or you can provide some other information to show what kind of payment it is.
- Choose the bank account from which you want to pay bills from the Account drop-down options.
- Click on Direct Deposit from the Method drop-down options.
- Choose appropriate account from the Payment Account drop-down options.
Online Bank Payment
- Select Online Bank Payment from the Method drop-down options.
- (Optional) Click on Include reference number to send bill or credit reference number along with your name and account number. The payment shouldn’t be electronic, whereas the payment processor will print and mail a check to the payee.
- Select the checking account along with the online vendor payment service from Account drop-down options.
- Click on Pay Selected Bills.
- On the Payment Summary window, click on Done once you are done with paying bills or selecting Pay More Bills to go back to the Pay Bills
If you pay using Direct Deposit
- Choose to Send Direct Deposit to see the queued payments and needs to be sent to the Direct Deposit service.
- Click on Send.
If you pay using Online Bank Payment
- Locate the payments from Send Items to your bank section of your Bank Feeds.
- Click on Send items.
Paying bill comes under the usual A/P workflow of QuickBooks Desktop.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
The provided steps should be helpful for you to pay bills in QuickBooks Desktop properly. As you may have noticed that it is a bit long and complex process and sometimes you can face several errors and issues during the process. If you face any kind of issue during the process of paying bills, you can contact us at our technical support department of getsupportnumber.com. For this, you just need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 to get instant QuickBooks support.