Sometimes when you run QuickBooks Desktop, you get the splash screen but it disappears without opening it. This could be happening because of some internal system issues or some technical issues with QuickBooks Desktop. This article will help you with the process to resolve issues like Opening QuickBooks Splash Screen Displays And Disappears Without Opening QuickBooks Desktop. This issue comes under the category QuickBooks Won’t Open that can be a result of various factors. You are supposed to read this article carefully and perform the provided steps carefully to resolve the error.
- Several steps offered in this article are only for the Windows OS. You may find them complex if you don’t have much technical knowledge. If you are not sure about performing the steps on your own, you can consult your IT professional for assistance.
- You may have to restart your system several time during the solution process.
Solution 1: Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub allows you to resolve common errors in QuickBooks Desktop. It is recommended using the tool hub on Windows 10 OS, 64-bit.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Go to the official website of Intuit, and navigate to the download page. Save the setup file on your desktop or download folder. Install the tool properly. Note: If the tool is already installed on your system, go to the Home tab to locate your tool version. You will see the version on the bottom right corner of the tab.
- Perform the onscreen and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation finishes, open the tool.
Step 2: Run Quick Fix my Program
The Quick Fix process basically shuts down any process running in the background that might be restricting the QuickBooks to run.
- Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then go to Program problems.
- Click on Quick Fix my Program.
Solution 2: Rename QBWUSER.ini file
Note: The QBWUSER.INI file basically keeps a record of previously opened company files. Renaming this file will result in erasing the list of files you have opened previously.
- Go to the folder where the QBWUSER.ini file is saved. If you can’t locate the folder, you need to enable hidden files and folders.
- Location: \Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]
- Right-click on the QBWUSER.ini file and then click on Rename.
- Add the word OLD and hit enter. Example: QBWUSER.ini.old
Solution 3: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the Tool Hub
- Run the QuickBooks Tools Hub again.
- Now, navigate to the Installation Issues section.
- Click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait for the process to finish and once it is done, restart your system.
- Open QuickBooks to check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Check your FISP Settings for Window 10 Pro or Higher
You might not be able to run QuickBooks Desktop if the FISP is enabled. If your company file requires this service, you are supposed to connect with your IT professional for help.
- From the Start menu, choose Run command.
- In the Run command, press GPEDIT.MSC and hit enter.
- Go to the Local Computer Policy window and choose Computer Configuration.
- Now, click on Windows Settings.
- Choose Security Settings, Local Policies and at last, click on Security Options.
- Go to the System Cryptography FIPS and ensure that it is already disabled. If not, do it manually. This will require you to reboot your system.
- Run QuickBooks Desktop to check if the error is resolved or not.
Technical Help For QuickBooks Desktop
Read above four solutions and perform them accordingly to get rid of the QuickBooks not opening issue. Apart from the Solution 4, all other solutions are basic in nature and can easily be performed. However, the 4th solution requires technical knowledge and if you are new to QuickBooks, you are recommended connecting with a QuickBooks Expert. For this, you can dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 to get an instant solution for all your errors and issues.