This article will help you to open a QuickBooks company file which is located on a remote computer. We will provide you a complete guide to access the QuickBooks company file stored on the network.
|You should read the complete article properly to do so but before you access the company file over network, you need to do the following things:
Install The QuickBooks Database Manager On The Remote Computer
Through QuickBooks Database Server Manager, you can configure the QuickBooks server for multi-user access.
- Install the QuickBooks Desktop on the main computer which will host the company files.
- Open QuickBooks and go to File > Switch to Multi-user Mode.
- Click on Yes in the Multi-user hosting setup required window.
Note: The QBDBMgrN.exe is always running in the background and it is important to run this process in the background even if the QuickBooks software is not running.
- On the Multi-user setup information window, click on OK.
- You can Add users if required and to do so, go to Company > Set Up Users and Passwords > Set Up Users > Add User.
Optional: Turn Network Discovery On And Password Protected Sharing Off
The server requires that the Network Discovery should be enabled and visible to try opening the file via UNC path. Additionally, you will be asked by the Windows to set a password if Password Protected Sharing is enabled. In such cases, you can either turn if off or login by using the network credentials
You need to perform it on the Server or Host system and all the systems that requires the file over the network.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- From the Network Sharing Center, click on Change advanced sharing
- Open the Profile type that you are using.
- Click on Turn on network discovery from the Network Discovery
- Click on Turn off password protected sharing from Password protected sharing section
- Click on Save changes.
Locate Then Open The Company File
- Go to File > Open or Restore Company > Open a company file
- Click on Next.
- Navigate to the location of the company file.
Example: If the company file is mapped in the E drive then you need to look for the company files name in the list.
- Choose your QuickBooks Company File from the list and click on Open.
- Enter your user name and password if you are asked to.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Company File Issues
The provided procedures will allow you open a QuickBooks company file located on remote computer. However, you may face some errors from the 6000 error series while trying to open a company file and some of them are:
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 832
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 80
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 83
- QuickBooks Error 6175
- QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 77
- QuickBooks Error 6189, 816
These are some of the common errors that can occur but you can face some other errors as well. However, if you are facing any issue then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410 to get instant support for your issues.