Are you setting up Payroll account for the first time? Well the newer versions of QuickBooks come with enhanced the Payroll Setup workflow to ensure that the employees can be added easily, set up payroll, and first payroll done easily.
In case you require any kind of help or assistance, you can dial our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410.
- Make sure you have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription while setting up process.
- This article majorly focused on QuickBooks Desktop 2018 and newer versions and for the users who are activating QuickBooks Payroll account for the first time. To set up payroll for an existing Payroll account, see Payroll Setup Interview.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop should be updated to the latest release.
- If you use Assisted Payroll service, don’t use the setup interview.
You can access the Payroll Setup Interview by going to Employee menu and then Payroll Setup. You will be taken to the Payroll setup wizard.
To close the payroll setup, click on X icon from the top-right corner and access it whenever you want by choosing Employees and then Payroll Setup.
The New Employee Setup Workflow
Adding employees and getting your first payroll processed has become very easy and fast! You can do it by the following steps:
- From the Payroll setup window, choose Express setup.
- Provide required employee information of the first employee.
- Click on Continue.
Note: If you want to invite your employee to fill in their details, just go to the next step.
- Open the Add new employee wizard.
- From the Compensation section, click on pay item(s) and then provide rate and frequency (Year, Month, Paycheck) for each. The pay items can be added in the Pay details window or the employee profile through the following steps:
- Once you are done with adding the employee’s information before the going to the Employee list and then check your employee’s name is visible there.
- From the Company Setup and then choose Compensation or Employee Benefits.
- Select the new compensation or benefit and then click on Finish.
- To make modifications to the selected item, select its name and then click on Edit.
- Provide the employee address and other information.
- Click on Continue to open the Payment method screen.
- Choose a payment method (Physical check or Direct deposit).
- If you are selecting Direct deposit option, provide the Deposit account information. Note: You can deposit employee paycheck to two different accounts. To activate direct deposit after you open the payroll set up wizard, you need to go to Employee > My Payroll Service and Activate Direct Deposit.
- If your employee doesn’t hold a bank account, you need to request for a Prepaid card by clicking on here link which is available on the bottom. If you choose this link, a new window will option in your default internet browser. This will help you in requesting for a new prepaid card from Turbo Pay Prepaid card.
- Provide employee tax information along with all Federal and State/Local taxes.
- Click on ? icon to get explanation/information about a provided field and then click on Done.
- In the confirmation window:
- To get redirected to the Employee dashboard, click on Finish.
- You can add more employees by selecting Add new employee
The Dashboard shows all the employees included to date, including with your employee’s employment status. You can switch the Employee status to Active or Inactive through the toggle switch.
- Active: This status is used to identify an employee who are actively working on your payroll and your company file.
- Inactive: This status is used to identify the employees that are currently on leave, but they are still working in your company. Few of the examples of why your employee might be on temporary leave are: service, maternity leave, a sabbatical, or due to some their personal reasons.
You can mark your employee as Inactive that are not currently working in your company. However, the Inactive status is not used by QuickBooks to refer that the employee is released. You need to release the employee in QuickBooks as well. Note: Any employee receiving a paycheck in the middle of the year will receive a W-2 form for that particular version irrespective of the status.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
Following the steps provided in this article should be helpful for you to set up new payroll interview in QuickBooks Desktop. However, if you are still facing issues while new payroll setup interview in QuickBooks or you want any kind of help at any point of time, you can dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410 to get instant solution for support.