Are you facing issues related to data damage where names, items, or accounts goes missing from centers from centers, reports, or transactions? To resolve such issues, you need resolve possible data damage issues.
QuickBooks consist of various lists to manage transactions and other business activities. The lists include following things:
- Items (what you buy and sell)
There can be situations when these names, items, or accounts are missing or blank in some spaces in your company file such as:
- Centers (Customer Center, Vendor Center, etc.)
Solution: Run File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
Intuit has developed the QuickBooks Tools Hub to resolve QuickBooks data related errors. Make sure QuickBooks is closed while running QuickBooks Tools Hub as it may damage QuickBooks.
Important: You shouldn’t be using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool for the file which was rebuild recently. You have used rebuild utility for that file, you will see some names or other names are missing.
How to check if your file has been rebuilt
- Run QuickBooks and sign into your company file.
- Now, while being on the home screen, press F2 key to open the Product Information window.
- From the Versions Used on File column, locate RB that displays when you rebuild the file.
Once you are know the time and date of rebuild of file, restore your file from a backup that you create before that rebuild process.
If you don’t know where you have stored the backup file, you need to display hidden files and folders.
If the RB is not visible in the Versions Used on File list, no rebuild was done for that file and you can keep following the steps mentioned below:
Run the QuickBooks Tools Hub and select QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
Once you are done with the tool, following the steps mentioned below:
- Restore your backup file or connect with Intuit QuickBooks Support if the error is still around.
If the QuickBooks File Doctor tool couldn’t resolve the issue, following error will occur:
The tool is unable to automatically fix this problem. Choose the option that’s best for you:
- Restore a backup company file
- Use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery to recover lost data.
- Send your QuickBooks Company File to our QuickBooks Data Services You can request data services by dialing our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 toll-free. Fees may apply.
If the tool resolves the issue, repair your data by following steps:
- Check if the information is restored properly or not. Validate the address details of customers, vendors, employees and other names.
- Resolve data damage on your company file.