What Does The Folder Permission Issues Means?
This article will help you and provide you the steps to resolve the error Message: You do not have sufficient permissions to the specified folder. This error generally occurs while opening or modifying the QuickBooks company file. The error comes up with the following error message:
Causes Of This Error
- The company file is stored in a protected location such as the root of C:\\ drive of Program Files
- The file is saved in a restricted location and the current user does not have appropriate permissions to access the folder
- The folder where the company file is located is damaged
- QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupted
- The path of the folder where the company file is saved is very long and QuickBooks can’t reach out to the folder.
How To Resolve The Error?
We have provided multiple solutions to resolve this one error so that the users who are facing the issue can get relaxed and work on their company files without any hindrance. It is not required to perform all the steps as you don’t have to go to the next method if the current method fixes the issue for you. However, it is recommended to perform the steps sequence wise to get the best results. Steps to resolve the folder permission issues are as given below:
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is especially developed to resolve all the issues related to the company file issues. The tool automatically fixes the identified issues by just a click.
- Download the installation file of QB File Doctor Tool from the official website of Intuit.
- Perform a clean installation of the tool
- Once the installation process finishes, run the tool
- Start the scan and the tool will automatically detect and resolve the identified issues
- Once the process finishes, restart your computer
- Try to access the QuickBooks Company File again. If the issue still persists, go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Set QuickBooks to “Run as Administrator”
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and all its related processes.
- Now, from the desktop, right-click on the QuickBooks icon
- Click on Properties from the drop-down list.
- Go to the Compatibility tab
- Click on Run this program as an administrator.
- Provide the login credentials if you are asked to
- Click on Apply and then OK.
Solution 3: Move the company file to the default location
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and all its related processes
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys together.
- Navigate to the folder where the company file is located.
- Locate the the company file (.qbw) in the folder
- Copy the company file
- Go to the default location which is C://Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files and Paste the company file there.
- Try to open the company file from the default location and if the error is still occurring, move on to the next method.
Solution 4: Create a new folder for the company file(s)
- Make a new folder under the same directory.
- Copy and paste your company files to the newly created folder.
- Now, you need to set up folder permissions to share company files.
- Open QuickBooks
- Go to File > Open or restore a company > Open a company file
- Click on Next
- Navigate to the new folder and select a company file.
- Click on Open.
Solution 5: Test and Set folder permissions
- Run the Microsoft Word or notepad.
- Type in “Test”.
- Save the file to the same location where the company file is stored.
- If the file saves without any issues then it means that the folder has the appropriate permissions. But, if you get any kind error, try to set up folder permissions to share company files.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Company File Issues
The provided steps will allow you to resolve the Error Message: You do not have sufficient permissions to the specified folder. However, if you are still facing the same issue in your while opening the QuickBooks company file then you are recommended to get in touch with the technical support department of getsupportnumber.com. You just need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1850-308-2863 and get the required solution for your company file issues.