Intuit Data Protect is a subscription based data recovery service provided by the Intuit. It keeps your QuickBooks data files secure from any threat such as malware, virus, ransomware, hacking, etc. Intuit Data Protect allows you to create backup of your company data files. It is specially developed to keep you away from threats but sometimes it can also fall into some errors such as:
Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed: Firewall or connection issue
How To Fix The IDP Backup Failed Issue?
Intuit Data Protect tool can be a great assed for you as it takes regular backup of your data automatically. However, sometimes it can also fall into some issues but you don’t worry as we are here to troubleshoot all the Intuit Data Protect (IDP) issues. The Intuit Data Protect backup failed can easily be tackled by the manual procedures. We recommend you update the Intuit Data Protect to the latest version as it can also resolve the issues that you are facing while taking the backup of your data. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-567-0425 to get instant support for your issues. Follow the below-mentioned steps in order to resolve the IDP backup fail issue:
Solution 1: Run The IDP Diagnostic Tool
- From the Windows System Tray right-tap on the Intuit Data Protect icon.
- Click on About Intuit Data Protect from the list.
- Press Ctrl + F2 keys to run the IDP Diagnostics Tool.
- Click on Run Diagnostics. If the Tool identifies any issue with the firewall or any third-party security software installed in your system then you have to reconfigure the software and hardware to provide the access to Intuit Data Protect files. You can visit the manufacturer’s website in order to know more about the process and then add the following files for exceptions:
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\IntuitDataProtect.exe
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\IbuEnghost.exe
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\QBIDPServices.exe
Solution 2: Add Windows Firewall Ports
- Open the Control Panel in your system
- Navigate to the System and Security section
- Select Windows Firewall and then select Advanced Settings.
- Go to the Advanced Settings window and then click on Inbound Rules
- Click on New Rule.
- Enter the ports and then click on Next.
- Incoming Port: 80
- Outgoing Ports: 443, 16841
Note: HTTP ports 80 and 443 are required for Intuit Data Protect to connect to the Internet. If you can browse the internet and log in to secure websites then the IDP should work properly.
- Follow the onscreen prompts.
- Follow steps first four steps again for the Outbound Rules.
Solution 3: Clear The Internet Explorer Cache, Cookies, Temporary Files, And SSL State
- Run Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to the Tools > Internet Options.
Note: Press the ALT if you can’t find the Tools menu as doing this shows the hidden tabs.
- Navigate to the General tab and click on Delete…
- Mark the following boxes:
- Temporary Internet files and website files,
- Cookies and website data
- InPrivate Filtering
- Unmark the Preserve Favorites and website data box.
- Click on Delete to remove the items.
- Head to the Content
- Click on Clear SSL state and then hit OK.
Solution 4: Add Trusted Sites
- Run Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to the Tools menu and then click on the Internet Options.
- Head to the Security tab and unmark the Enable Protected Mode
- Choose Trusted sites and then Sites.
- Unmark the Require server verification (https for all sites in this zone box).
- Add the following sites in the secure site lists
- Click on Close.
- Navigate to the Privacy tab and then click on Sites.
- Add the following websites under the Address of Website box:
- Click on Allow each time you add the web addresses.
- Click on OK to complete the process.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Issues
The provided will allow you to resolve the Intuit Data Protect backup failed issue. However, sometimes the error may become unrecoverable due the corrupted data stored in your database and the tool created a backup of that corrupted data. In such scenarios the only way to resolve this error by contacting the Intuit certified ProAdvisors. To do so, dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-567-0425 and one of the technicians will be connected to you over the phone within seconds.