In this article, we will provide you a complete process to install and uninstall QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup mode. You may have to perform this process when there are some issues with installation with your QuickBooks software, but you are not able to install or uninstall it. In such situations, the Selective Startup mode comes into actions through which you can install and uninstall a program without having any impact on other processes.
Most of the time the selective startup mode is required when there are some issues related to installing or uninstalling QuickBooks. We will provide you a complete process to resolve your issue.
Install Or Uninstall QuickBooks In Selective Startup
Step 1: Prepare your data
Before you start installing or uninstalling QuickBooks, you need to be ensure that you have everything to perform the process properly.
- Create a backup of your company file.
- Keep a copy of your QuickBooks Desktop product and license info.
Step 2: Start your computer in Selective startup mode
You need to make sure that no other program or application hinders your process and that can be done by switching to Selective Startup mode. If you are not sure about performing these steps, you can contact your IT specialist or Microsoft support.
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R
- Type msconfig in the search box and then click on OK or hit enter.
- Navigate to the General Tab.
- Choose Selective Startup and Load system services.
- Navigate to the Services tab and then click on Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Click on Disable all.
- Remove checkmarks from Hide all Microsoft services
- Now, make sure that from the list of services, Windows Installer checkbox is marked. If not, mart it.
- Click on OK.
- Select Restart from the System Configuration
Step 3: Uninstall or install QuickBooks Desktop
Once the startup completes, perform a clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 4: Switch back to Normal startup mode
Once you are done with the installation, restore your system to its normal configuration.
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run command.
- Type msconfig in the search box and select OK.
- Go to the General tab and then choose Normal startup.
- Click on OK.
- Select Restart from the System Configuration window.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
Hopefully, you find this article helpful and you have successfully installed or uninstalled QuickBooks in selective startup mode. This process can be very beneficial for you in resolving installation errors, update errors, license errors and other unrecoverable errors. If you are facing any issue even after installing or uninstalling QuickBooks in selective startup mode, you can connect with us to get solution for your issues. Just dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 and get your issues resolved instantly.