With QuickBooks 2019 version, important lists and transactions is very easy and efficient along with the improved Import IIF Tool. The possibility of importing damaged data is almost eliminated because it performs a proper scan of your files for errors.
If errors are found, the tool will do the following things:
- Displays the items that are successfully imported or failed to get imported.
- Offers you a new .IIF file for the transactions that are failed along with the error descriptions.
The tool can also be used in the multi-user mode for QuickBooks Desktop 2019.
Note: To know more about the processes of .IIF files, you can visit the: Complete Guide To Export Or Import Intuit Interchange Format (.IIF) Files In QuickBooks
How To Import .IIF Files
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to File > Utilities > Import > IIF Files.
- Click on Import IIF.
- Search for the file and then click on OK. Note: It is not recommended to choose the Import it for me. I’ll fix it later Because this option bypasses data review, few of the information may differ or incomplete for your books. It also requires you to switch QuickBooks to the single user mode.
- Once the import process finishes, you will be shown the numbers of list and transactions imported. Click on Done.
File Not Imported
By any chance, the import process failed, you will be displayed the number of list and transactions that are failed and successfully imported as well. QuickBooks automatically creates a new .IIF file for unsuccessful records along with the error description. You have the following three options to move further:
- Review now creates and opens a new .IIF file. Go to the “How to review the errors in .IIF” section below.
- Open in folder opens the folder where the new .IIF file is located.
- Close closes the window and ignores the Lists and Transactions that weren’t imported
How To Review The Errors In .IIF
If the import failed and you get an error “File not imported”, QuickBooks offers you an option to review and resolve the errors in the .IIF file while importing.
- Click on Review now.
- Locate the ERROR to know the actual problem(s) with the file is.
- Fix the errors and click on Save. Important: Click on Yes if you are asked to keep the file type.
- Close the File not imported window and then import the new, corrected .IIF file.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
Hopefully, you find this article helpful and you have complete knowledge about the improved import in QuickBooks Desktop version 2019. This article should also help you in resolving the possible errors that you can face while or importing IIF files. However, if you are still not able to import the files or you some doubts then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-567-0425 for instant technical support.