This article will help you with the process to import journal entries in your accountant to QuickBooks Desktop. With QuickBooks, you and your accountant can easily keep a track of your books accurately. Your accountant can create journal entries within the copy of your company file and then send those entries to you. Once you receive them, you will be able to add them to your books easily. This allows you to focus on other important tasks while your accountant can still make minor changes in bookkeeping.
If you received a new journal entry from your account, you need to follow the steps mentioned below to import them to your QuickBooks company file:
Import a general journal entry file
- Open the email you received from your accountant and download the attached file. The file your accountant sent you will be saved as a QBJ file.
- Save the file to a folder that you can access quickly. Desktop is the preferred location.
- Open your QuickBooks company file in QuickBooks.
- Go to the File menu and choose Utilities > Import.
- Click on General Journal Entries.
- Locate and choose the QBJ file that you downloaded.
- You will see all the journal entries sent by your accountant on the Add General Journal Entries window. You can remove the checkmark from the entries you don’t want to keep in your books. Note: If the option to remove checkmark is not available, it means your accountant recommends you adding all the entries to your books.
- Click on Add GJEs and then click on OK.
The provided steps should help you in importing journal entries from your accountant to your QuickBooks. However, if you are facing any kind of issue in any of the steps, you can get connected with the certified ProAdvisors of getsupportnumber.com by dialing the toll-free number +1800-324-6599 and get instant help.