QuickBooks POS is a powerful point of sale application integrated with the QuickBooks Desktop application. With QuickBooks Point of Sale comes with various features such as tracking inventory, customer management, employee management and more. POS application of QuickBooks is quite different from the Microsoft Excel because it allows you to make any budgetary following framework beginning without any external help QuickBooks is dedicated for programming the plans to replace the money listed.
The Import Process
Some key points that you need to keep in your mind prior to importing the inventory items in QuickBooks Point of Sale are as follow:
Tips while navigating the spreadsheet:
- Stop the headers of the spreadsheet to look down while seeing headers
- Use the arrow keys instead of using the mouse
- You should use any dashes or special characters i.e: @, #, $, &, *
- Remove all lines and segments
Steps to import data are as given below:
Before you go on to the data import process, you need to make sure the below mentioned points:
- Create a backup copy of your data
- Quickly scan the whole worksheet prior to mapping and search for the anomalies, strange data, etc.
- Run the .csv spreadsheet in notepad to make sure that there are no irregularities
- Copy-paste the file which creating issues into a fresh worksheet utilizing paste special > values
- Convert the large lists into smaller sctions
Step 1: Get Your Template
- Close the QuickBooks POS application
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys
- Go to the folder path C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale (x.0)
- To navigate, select the arrow symbol next to each folder listed
- Right click on QuickBooks POS Import Template.xls and from the drop-down list, click on Delete
Step 2: Set up and import data to Point of Sale
- Open QuickBooks POS application
- Go to File > Utilities > Import
- From the Data Import Wizard, click on Next
- Choose the type of data to import then click on Next
- Select Default Template on how you want to import the data and open the Import Template. If you have selected a different file template then you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Select Custom File and then click on Next
- Search your saved templates and make sure that you have selected the appropriate worksheet tab
- For matching the columns from the imported templates to the POS fields then you may need to locate the data manually. For this, go to Choose File Mapping > Add or Select Mapping > Manage Mappings
- Once the mapping is finished, click on Save
- Click on Next and follow the onscreen prompts to initiate the import process.
- Click on Next and then follow the onscreen prompts
- Click on Import after checking the import wizard
- Close the wizard
The Export Process
You need to export the data to save a copy of your file in your computer through a different recognized application and do modifications whenever you require to create a new file, transfer information or upgrade. You need to create a backup copy of the file before following the steps to export.
The lists that you can export from QuickBooks Point of Sale are as given below:
- Inventory Items
Steps to export data are as given below:
- Open the QuickBooks POS application.
- Go to File > Utilities > Export
- Click on Inventory Items from the Data Export Wizard
- Click on Next
- Provide the required information in the following fields:
- Select destination file – location where file will be saved
- Write records to (sheet) – worksheet where data must be entered
- Begin exporting data to row – row where data should be started
- You need to select the default inventory template or manually manage the mapping from the Choose export template for matching the information that are to be exported from QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Click on Next
- Review the records ready to export is appropriate and then click on Export
The above mentioned steps will help you in importing and exporting your data to QuickBooks POS easily. However, if you are facing any issue while importing or exporting data then you can contact us at our QuickBooks POS Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 toll-free.