QuickBooks Error Code 3100
QuickBooks accounting software is one of best accounting software that helps you in creating invoices, spreadsheets, charts and other plans. The best part about the QuickBooks software is that it can easily be customized as per your requirements. QuickBooks software comes with so many great features that help you in increasing profit in your business but sometimes it can also fall into some errors that can hinder your work. QuickBooks Error 3100 is one of them which considered as one of the most common but critical issues in the QuickBooks software. This error indicates that the two customers, vendors or salesforce accounts have same name. The error code 3100 comes up with the following error message:
Customer Insert/Update Error – [CustomerName] – 3100 – The name “[CustomerName]” of the list element is already in use.
What Causes The Error Code 3100 In QuickBooks?
- You have attempted to sync a customer in QuickBooks having Salesforce account was not successful because that name already exists in the QuickBooks software. The error is occurring because QuickBooks does not allow you to store multiple customers or vendors having same name.
- Salesforce account customer trying to be synced already exists within the QuickBooks that is creating the situation of duplicate Salesforce account and causing the error code 3100.
Resolve QuickBooks Error 3100
The error code 3100 generally occurs due to above mentioned two factors and both causes can easily be resolved manually by performing the guidelines provided by the Intuit itself. So, according to the causes, there are two different that can be performed to resolve the error. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 3100 are as given below:
Before starting the process, you need to ensure that QuickBooks Customer is Active and it is also not listed as vendor or mentioned in the List menu under Other Names field.
- Now, run thr Account Matcher tool through DataSync Web Dashboard located on the system where the DataSync is located. Go to Start -> Programs -> Pervasive DataSynch -> DataSynch Web Interface
- Once the process finishes, fill the Customer ListID category from the Salesforce account
The error code 3100 should get resolved if the error has occurred because of the multiple vendors or customer have same name. If the error still persists, then move on to the next steps.
- Login to Salesforce account using the appropriate credentials
- Go to the Accounts tab
- Click on Merge Accounts from the bottom right corner of the window
- Now enter the name of duplicate account and then validate to merge them. The value mentioned in the Customer ListID should not be removed
Reach Us For Support
The above two mentioned steps will allow you to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 3100 manually. As we have already mentioned that there are only two factors that leads to the occurrence of this error and that’s why there are only two methods to resolve this error manually. If you are still facing the error then reinstalling QuickBooks software can also help you in resolving the error sometimes. But if all the methods could not resolve the error code then last thing that you need to do is contacting the certified ProAdvisors of getsupportnumber.com. You can get support from their support team anytime even in the odd hours. You just need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 and the customer representative will be connected to you in no time.