QuickBooks accounting software helps you in managing sales and expenses. It also keeps the track of day to day transactions and employee payroll. The best thing about the QuickBooks software is that it is very easy to use software and one does not require a deep knowledge of accounting to use this software. However, sometimes that software can run into errors that can hamper your work flow. QuickBooks Error Code 1005 is one such error that occurs while opening a company files.
Causes And Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 1005
QuickBooks Error 1005 is one of the most common issues that users face while using the QuickBooks software. This software occurs when you try to access a company file. This error code indicates that the company file that you are trying to open is either opened somewhere else or stuck.
Main causes of QuickBooks Error Code 1005 are as given below:
- The company file that you are trying to open is either stuck or it is already opened somewhere else.
- You try to open a QuickBooks file from your older version of QuickBooks which was earlier updated to a newer version of QuickBooks.
- Lost hosting for your file
- Trying to open the file in multi-user mode on multiple computers
Symptoms of error code 1005 are as given below:
- Error code 1005 pops up on your screen
- Script error dialog box
- The file does not exist message
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1005?
QuickBooks Error 1005 is an internal that can fixed by following the guidelines provided by the Intuit. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 1005 are as given below:
- Open the updated QuickBooks software
- Go to the File menu, click on Open or Restore Company from the drop down menu
- Select Open Company File and then click on Next
- Browse the company file that you want to open
- Click on Open
- Go to Start > All Programs > QuickBooks
- Select QuickBooks Data Server Manager
- Click on Scan folders from the new window that pops up
- Click on Add Folder with files and then click on Scan
- Confirm the QuickBooks company file found
- Try to open the company file again
Technical Support For QuickBooks
Once you follow the above mentioned steps, the error code 1005 should get resolve and you will be able to access the company file now that you were not able to open earlier. However, if you still face the same issue or you are having some other doubts then you can get in touch with us by dialing our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-866-701-7446 toll-free.