With QuickBooks POS software it is easy to identify the returns in QuickBooks whether it is as vendor return or a customer return. To manage these refunds, you need to understand the process to return in QuickBooks POS. In this article, we will be discussing about the process to refund in QuickBooks POS application. You can also look out for the QuickBooks Live Chat Support to get online help from the experts.
How To Manage A Vendor Return On QuickBooks Data File?
- From the Home screen of POS application, click on the Enter Bills icon
- Click on the Credit spiral to create a merchant credit
- From the Vendor drop-down rundown, select the seller you are restoring the product(s) to.
- Enter the date of arrival of the stock in the Date field
- Enter the seller’s credit approval number in the No. field
- Click on the Items tab and select the items that are being returned
- Enter the quantity of units being returned in the Quantity field
- Go through the fixed cost and modify it according to you to get merchant’s credit approval
- Save the changes to go to the seller credit
Stock returns and trades are recorded and maintain on receipts. While recording a business receipt, you are supposed to enter the returned amount as a negative number.
How To Process A Return In QuickBooks Point Of Sale?
- With the first deals receipt select between deals history and the client’s history and from the I Want To menu, click on Accept Return Doing this will validate the item’s costs and amounts from the first receipts.
- The first deal might be incorporated single item. This was added to a business receipt as an arrival thing with an indistinguishable amount and cost from initially sold. You can change the returned amount on the receipt if required.
- In the event that the first receipt involved various things, the Merchandise Return wizard is opened, with the products and costs from the first receipt recorded. You can alter the sections in this window.
- Using the registration, pick the items that need to be returned and modify the amount if required. Then click on Accept Return.
- Choose Refund Payment and enter change sums:
- If the customer is expecting cash then provide the sum in Change section under the installment cabin
- Enter the sum in under the Account Payment field to discount a charge account client
- In the situation of using QuickBooks POS Merchant or Gift Service for discounting to a credit or gift voucher, provide the sum under the Credit Card Refund or Gift Card Sell field and approve it by using a new card from the utilized on the first receipt. The amount will be credited in the cardholder’s account or the gift voucher
- You can’t give discount to a charge card or debit card. You can give discount in the form of cash, gift voucher etc.
- Save the details take a print of the receipt.
Dial QuickBooks POS Support Number +1888-396-0208
QuickBooks POS is specially designed to make QuickBooks software more convenient and reliable. It is a great add-on to the QuickBooks software that makes accounting more easy and accurate. However, there can be situations when you can face difficulties and one such situation is when you are not able to process a return in QuickBooks POS.
You can follow the above mentioned steps to process a return in QuickBooks POS. If you are still not able to perform the process then you can directly contact our highly experienced ProAdvisors through our QuickBooks POS Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208.