QuickBooks Error 15215 is an update error that falls into the category of 15000 error code series in QuickBooks. This error generally occurs when you update the Maintenance Update Releases of QuickBooks. The error code 15215 comes with the following error message:
Maintenance Release update error 15215: QuickBooks could not verify the digital signature for the update file.
QuickBooks accounting software is a great accounting tool and to increase the accuracy of this software, Intuit releases regular updates for it. But, sometimes you may fall into some errors that can restrict you from updating the software successfully. If you are also facing the same issue while updating the software then this article will very helpful for you because here, you will get the proper solution for the QuickBooks Error 15215.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15215
Follow the below mentioned steps carefully in order to resolve the error code 15215 in QuickBooks:
Solution 1: Download the Digital Signature Certificate
The 15000 error code series in QuickBooks generally occurs due to the missing digital signature certificates. So to resolve this issue, you need to install the digital signature certificate to download the updates successfully. To do so, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing CTRL + E and go to the folder C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Locate the exe file and right click on the same
- Select Properties option from the drop down list
- In the Properties window, click on Details tab
- The Digital Signature Details window will appear on your screen. Click on View Certificate
- Click on Install Certificate button and keep on clicking Next until you get the Finish button
- Once you click on Finish, restart your system and then try to download the QuickBooks Updates
Solution 2: Problems with Internet Explorer in General
Sometimes the settings of Internet Explorer can also restrict you from updating QuickBooks and pops up the error 15215 in QuickBooks. To resolve this error, you will need to change the settings of Internet Explorer. To do so, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open Internet Explorer and go to com
- To unhide the menu bar, press the ALT key
- Go to the File menu and from the drop down menu, click on Properties
- In the Connection option, check the number left of the bit encryption
- In case if the number is below 128 bit then it indicates that the Internet Explorer is damaged and it needs to be update or reinstalled.
Finally, you will have to change the Internet Explorer settings and ensure that the internet connection is stable.
- Open the Internet Explorer and then click on the Gear icon
- From the drop down list, click on Internet Options
- Go to the Connection tab and then click on LAN Settings
- Mark the Automatically Detect Settings box and also ensure that the Proxy Servers are unchecked if you are not using it
- Apply the changes and then go to the Advanced tab
- Mark the SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 boxes and then check for the publisher’s certificate option
- In the Advanced tab, go to the bottom and ensure that the TLS 1.2 is not checked
Solution 3: Configure The Firewall Settings
Sometimes the firewall settings can restrict the QuickBooks updates. So to process the update, you need to reconfigure the firewall settings of your computer. For this, you need follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open the Control Panel
- Click on System and Security option and then click on Windows Firewall
- Click on Advanced Settings and highlight the Inbound Rules
- Right click on Inbound Rules and then click on New Rule from the drop down list.
- In the Rule type section, click on Port
- Select TCP from the first set of radio buttons (TCP is recommended) and switch the second radio button to “Specific local ports. You will need to add the following ports in order to fix QuickBooks updating functionality:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 90028, 55378-55382
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 90027, 55373-55377
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 90026, 55368-55372
- QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 90025, 55363-55367
- Make sure that they are properly separated by a coma and then click on Next
- Click on Allow The Connection option in the next window and then click on Next
- Choose the network type if you want to apply this rule.
- Provide a name to the rule and then click on Finish
- Now for the Outbound Rules, you need to follow the same steps.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Update Error
The above mentioned steps will allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15215 manually. You can also perform the same steps if you are facing some other update errors in your QuickBooks software because most of the update errors occurs due to some common causes.
If the above mentioned steps didn’t worked then you can try to reinstall the QuickBooks software. If all of the steps could not resolve the error for you then you are recommended to get in touch with the certified ProAdvisors of getsupportnumber.com. For this, you just need to dial our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410 toll-free.