QuickBooks software comes with various advanced features that make accounting easy and accurate. All the QuickBooks versions allows batch entry of Checks/Cheques, Deposits, Credit Card Charges/Credits, Invoices, Credit Memos, Bills, and Bill Credits. In this article, we will be discussing about How To Enter Transactions By Batch In QuickBooks Desktop.
To Enter Batch Invoices
- Navigate to Customers > Create Batch Invoices.
- Make sure that the terms, sales tax rate and way of transferring are up to date for all customers you are sending batch invoices to by selecting each customer:
- Right click on the Customer and from the drop-down list, click on Edit
- Expand the Additional Info tab and make changes as per requirements.
- Locate the customers that you want by searching or you can Select/Create a Billing Group
- Click on Next
- Click on any of the line items and template.
- Enter a customer message if required and then click on Next.
- Go through the invoice list to be created and then select Create Invoices.
- Now you can print or email the invoices and then click on Close.
To Enter Transactions By Batch
- Open QuickBooks and go to Accountant menu > Batch Enter Transactions.
- Select the right Transaction Type and Account
- Open the excel sheet that contains a list of transactions that you want to record in QuickBooks. Arrange all the columns properly in the Batch Enter Transaction window.
- Select the information and copy them by pressing CTRL + C.
- Paste it by pressing CTRL + V on the Batch Enter Transaction window
Note: If the transactions are not listed in the company file then the Details will turn to red. You need to right click on the red area and from the drop-down list, select Quick Add or Set Up.
If you want to add split lines on my transaction then follow the below-mentioned steps:
Note: By splitting transactions you will be able to add a single or more additional split line to a transaction. To do so, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Select the transaction in which you want to insert split lines
- Click on Split option
- Provide the essential information for each split in a different line.
- Click on OK to go back to the Batch Enter Transactions window
- Repeat steps a-d for each transaction with multiple split lines.
Note: By entering transactions with the same transaction number on the original spreadsheet, you will be able to separate one transaction into two or more separate transactions. This will help avoid manual data entry.
If you want to use Class:
|You can customize your columns to add “Class” in the Enter Batch Transactions screen. If you want the “Class” to remain associated with an item on a transaction, the item must be selected prior to selecting the class. This applies to all forms and transaction entries. If a “Class” is selected prior to an Item, the “Class” will be removed when the Item is selected.|
- Click on Save Transactions then Yes on the Confirm Account screen.
To Delete Transactions By Batch
You can delete transactions by batch only in the QuickBooks Desktop Premier Accountant 2016, Enterprise Solutions 16.0, Enterprise Accountant 2016, and later versions. Here are some of the steps that you can perform to delete transactions in other versions of QuickBooks.
- On the current transactions, press CTRL + D to delete it.
Note: To remove the warning message after pressing CTRL + D, you need to unmark Warn when deleting a transaction or unused list item by going into Edit > Preferences > General > My Preferences
- Navigate to the Intuit Marketplace to get a third party application to remove all the unwanted transactions at the same time.
Technical Support For QuickBooks
The above mentioned steps will allow you to enter transactions by batch in QuickBooks Desktop. However, if you face any kind of hindrance during the process or you have some doubts in any of the step then you need to contact QuickBooks experts. For this, just dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 and the certified ProAdvisors of Intuit will be connected to you instantly and will provide you the required support.