You need to know “how to download bank statements to QuickBooks” once you set up your bank account in the QuickBooks Desktop. It is a very important and complex part of setting up QuickBooks. To make this process easy for you, we will be providing the steps to do so. However, before you go to the steps you need to keep some important points in mind for smooth downloading of the banking transactions within your QuickBooks account.
How To Download Bank Statements To QuickBooks: Crucial Points
You need to ensure the following points before downloading the banking transactions in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Before beginning the banking transactions downloading process, make sure that you have downloaded the backup of the QuickBooks. This is just a safety measure in case if the download fails or there is duplication, your data is safe and secure. Downloading banking transaction is a complex process as it can be a reason behind of data loss.
- In QuickBooks, you can’t download the same file more than once for security purposes. So in case if you have reset the data, you need to contact your bank to provide you with an alternate solution to download the same.
- Presently, QuickBooks doesn’t allow importing QFX and QIF files.
Methods To Download Bank Transactions
QuickBooks has provided various ways to download bank statement to QuickBooks and they are as follow:
- Direct Connection method
- Web Connection method
- Offline Method
- Online Method
Direct Connection Method
Previously, downloading the bank statement system was not available through Direct Connect Method and right now this method is available in US only. You need to follow the below steps in order to download the bank statements:
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Banking menu.
- From the drop down list, click on the Bank Feeds option and then select bank feeds center
- Now you get a drop down list of Bank Accounts. Click on the account that you want to download.
- Edit the items if needed
- Then click on the download the transactions list
- Sync the account
Web Connect Method
In this method, you need to download the transactions through the bank website itself. Every website has a different interface, design and working method so it is recommended to search QuickBooks to know the proper steps to download the bank transactions. The Web Connection method can be utilized in two different ways:
- Open the Bank’s website on your internet browser
- Log in to the bank account by using the appropriate username and password
- Download the transactions by using QuickBooks Web Connect
- Import the .QBO file on your QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Bank Feed Center
- Now select the bank account that you want to download
- Choose download transactions
- Now you will be redirected to that particular bank website
- Log in using customer ID and password
Reach Us For Support
As we have mentioned earlier that this process can be a complex one and you must have the technical knowledge in order to perform this process. If you are not, then it is recommended for you to get in touch with the experts because one simple mistake and can even lose your data. You can get in touch with the getsupportnumber highly experienced pro advisors via QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 toll free.